cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When can we expect answers to Questions solicited by Peter Jackson?

Lurker
Grafter

Re: When can we expect answers to Questions solicited by Peter Jackson?

Wrong! (IMO)
They'd simply turn them off - as Jelv already pointed out - the people high up at BT aren't huge fans of forums, so any excuse to turn them off and save some cash would be greatly received.
If I were in a more cynical mood, I'd suggest that this whole exercise was aimed at hoping we start flaming PN/Vollmer so they'd have more evidence to backup their decision to get rid of the expense of forums.
Trouble is, all its done is highlighted the value of the boards. Tongue
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: James_G
turn them off and save some cash

Surely the effect would be to increase costs? Crazy

The amount of support and detailed troubleshooting provided between customers here (ably assisted by PN staff) must save a fortune in support costs. The overheads of providing the service and storing other "chit-chat" is surely minimal in comparison.
Lurker
Grafter

I suspect that argument is the only thing keeping them here for the time being.
I hope I'm wrong, but as the PN landscape changes, I wouldn't be surprised to see them go bye-bye.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

I doubt it, even Tiscali has user forums, though theirs are brutally censored firmly moderated.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: PJ
...............................The number of customers who are likely to leave or have negative perceptions of PN as a result of this probably number no more than a couple of hundred but this negative perception would not have been experienced at all had the exercise been better planned- or simply not taken place at all.................

I think that the numbers are far greater than you imagine, and even if this forum didn't exist and the questions hadn't been asked, there are plenty of other forums where people would post their views. You only have to look at the number of guests viewing this forum at a variety of times, never mind those that have googled etc. The negative perceptions will be far more widespread.
You are right
I think that lessons will need to be learned by PN with regard to public relations
because it is this so poorly thought out implentation of the product changes that could easily change PN's award winning status, to just one of those "also rans"
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

It's a shame that if it did happen, we only have ADSL guide to turn to.
Shame there isn't a forum which isn't a nightmare to use.
Whatever happened to PlusNetters?
I notice the domains seem to be owned by the PUG now.
James
Grafter

Liam Martin always owned the Plusnetters domain.
Lurker
Grafter

And still does...
There are a couple of other domains 'owned' by the Usergroup. (note the inverted comma's - the domains are owned by individuals who are part of PUG, but they can do with the domains whatever they wish.)
zubel
Community Veteran

I'll confirm that if PN started dictating censure of the forums, they would be at least one moderator fewer, and probably a whole moderating team fewer Smiley
B.
ctech500
Grafter

Sorry to be a killjoy but is there a feeling of apathy towards the original issue.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

is he making it the 17th so that is 1/6th of a year?
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

The 17th of what?
That would be far too quick.
I hope that if a CSR ever took as long as this to answer a few simple questions that it would adversely affect his career in customer support?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I think a person would have to be very optimistic to expect a response from the gentleman in question now.
He has shown a complete lack of regard for that which is paramount in his and every other business, the customer.
This goes completely against the business model Plusnet has employed in recent years and which has drawn praise and accolade from customers and the media alike.
It would make me very happy to be proved utterly and completely wrong but the chances of this seem to be drifting away daily. Sad
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
scootie
Grafter

Ive taken the sig off my profile about him not answering the questions as its pretty obvious that Mr voller does not set aside any time to read the forum and get a understanding of what the main concern of customers is for that certain week.
If his aim is to completely wreck the rep that PN has worked so hard at getting these past few years then give the guy a pat on back because he's hitting his targets to end up as a clone of tiscalli
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Yes - his done an excellent job for the share price over the last year...

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."