cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When can we expect answers to Questions solicited by Peter Jackson?

artmo
Aspiring Champion

Re: When can we expect answers to Questions solicited by Peter Jackson?

We could give him a prod and all email the CEO of BT Wink Wink Wink
ian.livingston@bt.com
hop
Grafter

Last Plusnet comment in this thread was March 27th. Time for an update?
coastergrotto
Grafter

@hop:
There has been 50 posts since the last Plusnet comment (post No. 56) 27th March as you say.  Personally I don't blame them for not commenting as they probably all agree with us, but, naturally enough, won't come on here to say so.
mal0z
Grafter

Agreed,
Having been an account manager - if MY MD/CEO had failed to support me by coming to talk to customers - I would have told him what i thought of him - and he would have agreed with me and taken the criticism on the chin.
The customers too would have let him know only too readily what they thought of him. 
Either contempt for the customers or very poor time management or both ?.
ctech500
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
I can quite imagine him sitting up there saying "I'm not going to be dictated to by customers ::). I didn't get where I am today by listening to the likes of them. They're only a tiny minority anyway"

I think his previous BT post may have given him a false sense of security. it seems apparent that he may not be accustomed to dealing with the calibre of customer that plusnet has.
this link explains things better http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article.html?in_article_id=36422&in_page_id=2
coastergrotto
Grafter

Charming.  He had the time then to pass on those top ten stupidest comments.  However to answer serious questions doesn't seem to be his forte.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: coastergrotto
He had the time then
Well it was over 2 years ago - he's moved up in the world (to more serious issues?)  Roll_eyes
p_w_d_stone
Grafter

I think that lessons will need to be learned by PN with regard to public relations. These questions were solicited by PN in February and not only have answers not been delivered, but several promises have been broken about when they were to be delivered.
The number of customers who are likely to leave or have negative perceptions of PN as a result of this probably number no more than a couple of hundred but this negative perception would not have been experienced at all had the exercise been better planned- or simply not taken place at all.
I don't blame PN staff for not participating in this thread, it is a thankless task being caught between a hostile customer base and disinterested management, nor am I entirely surprised said management consider themselves to have better things to do than answer largely hostile questions asked by a tiny percentage of customers.
As Ian Wild so rightly said, new realities are certainly "a challenge to what has come before".
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I wonder if anyone at Plusnet Towers is plotting a graph of answers completed per month?
I hope those questions were printed on acid-free paper.
Ordinary paper will yellow and disintegrate after a number of years.  Cheesy

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

James
Grafter

Guys,
Firstly can I apologise for our absence and secondly for the lack of answers to the questions that you have posed to Anthony.
I promise you that it has not been a forgotten issue and I'm very sorry for the amount of time that it has taken to get your answers.  I do promise however, that your answers will be forthcoming soon.
coastergrotto
Grafter

Thanks James for 'facing the music' so to speak.  I, for one, will just sit back patiently and hope.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I suspect that Anthony is having trouble coming to terms with preparing answers in an environment where open and honest is the aim. After all, where he was before the policy was to lie and then if people keep asking awkward questions on the forums - ban them.
(If anyone doesn't understand what I mean register on this forum (you can do this is you have a BT phone account) and ask a question about Phorm)
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
artmo
Aspiring Champion

I hope he doesn't want to run this forum along the same lines.  One thing I have always liked here is that there is little censorship in our postings.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If he tried that here I suspect the first thing that would happen would be that all the moderators would instantly resign. There would also be the most almighty storm about it which would spill over on to other forums like TBB (I know that for a fact because I would be one of those posting on TBB) and it would generate a phenomenal amount of bad publicity.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I expect that if the moderators were to resign, BT would employ censors paid moderators to do their job.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."