cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When can we expect answers to Questions solicited by Peter Jackson?

HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: When can we expect answers to Questions solicited by Peter Jackson?

The tone of most of the comments here suggests that many will draw their own conclusion about the extended silence.  Sad
Someone needs some lessons in the management of communications. At the very least a short personal communication DIRECT from the person in question explaining and apologising for the delay would have been appropriate, but it's probably too late already for many.
The end result will be that the answers, no matter how honest, will be received cynically if at all.  Cry
waldron
Grafter

@HPsauce
Well said. The lack of some sort of response is discourteous to say the least.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

There are a couple of first class members of the comms team that keep PlusNet going as far as customer relations are concerned but how long will it be before they become disillusioned? In my opinion I think the lack of responce to customer questions from the top not only shows a total disregard for those who keep him in employment but also damn bad manners. I'm sure he cannot be that busy he could not spend an afternoon in all this time to answer a few questions if he wanted to.
ctech500
Grafter

Hi everyone,
I have been watching this thread and I am disappointed with the lack of response from PN management.
This is a bad reflection on Plusnet as whole and gives the impression that PN don't care about its customers.
I know that the people in the front-line at PN do a good job. When I have had concerns they were addressed.
All those accolades and awards PN got last year voted for by it's customers, and now this!
I'm sorry to say that a MD who is at the mercy of his diary is a bit of a cop out.
We can all make time for the things that are important to us
Mr Vollmer I ask you  directly are you interested in the views of the customers who took the time out of their busy schedules to pose questions to you?.
At the very least a simple statement from you acknowledging the questions and a apology for the delay would be in order.
If the most powerful man in the world can find time to host a public meeting in a town hall then why can't you respond to questions poised to you?

ctech500
Grafter

I just want to add something
I hope that this level of apathy shown by Mr Voller doesn't filter down to Vital areas of Plusnet
believe you me once apathy sets in it's downhill all the way..
scootie
Grafter

There are a couple of first class members of the comms team that keep PlusNet going as far as customer relations are concerned but how long will it be before they become disillusioned?

Totally agree with that.
Its shame when you see posts from people that have bein on the phone to CS to sort problems out and they are given the most ridiculous answers etc from them and it takes a post on here to get one of the CS guys that know what there doing and in most cases get it sorted straight away and if they cant they get the ball rolling in the right direction.
i also see the new talk to sales thing for new customers on the home page. 
Is this just away of taking some calls out of the waiting queue and getting the poor stats on call waiting down?
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Quote from: ASBO
There are a couple of first class members of the comms team that keep PlusNet going as far as customer relations are concerned but how long will it be before they become disillusioned?

Totally agree with that.

Couldn't agree more - how does "the management" think Plusnet wins its awards?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I'll second that, or third it, whatever.
Further more, if some of the Comms team and other PN staff can come on these forums to respond to problems when they are at home in their own time, then so can the CEO or does he think he's so superior to everyone else that he can't lower himself?
He probably hasn't got the nuts to face us now after all the crticism and as HP said we're all likely to be extremely cynical.
VileReynard
Hero

Quote from: Anotherone
He probably hasn't got the nuts to face us now after all the crticism and as HP said we're all likely to be extremely cynical.

Surely not?
I think the problem is that some of those questions are going to be very difficult to answer without being extremely economical with the truth.

Mav
Fixes: 514

Quote from: Anotherone
He probably hasn't got the nuts to face us now ...

I doubt that - after all, all he would have to do is answer the questions in his own time and leave someone else to edit it down.
Now, how about a live Q & A chat with him?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

artmo
Aspiring Champion

[quote
I
Now, how about a live Q & A chat with him?

That's a great idea Mav but doubt he will be willing to take it up.  It could create a lot of goodwill if, say, once a month he made himself available - but he'd have to check his diary first Wink Wink
I've never known any company where the CEO has been so difficult to contact, and I've worked for some as big as BT.
ctech500
Grafter

Quote from: artmo
I've never known any company where the CEO has been so difficult to contact, and I've worked for some as big as BT.

No CEO is difficult to contact it depends if the issue is important enough for them to warrant their time it responding to it.

As for this CEO we would have find out when the next  BT AGM is and lobby one or two of the shareholders.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I can quite imagine him sitting up there saying "I'm not going to be dictated to by customers ::). I didn't get where I am today by listening to the likes of them. They're only a tiny minority anyway"

We'll all probably have our broadband severely throttled for speaking out in such a manner Undecided
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
ctech500
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
We'll all probably have our broadband severely throttled for speaking out in such a manner Undecided

I feel sorry for the person compiling the list
VileReynard
Hero

Quote from: ctech500
No CEO is difficult to contact it depends if the issue is important enough for them to warrant their time it responding to it.
As for this CEO we would have find out when the next  BT AGM is and lobby one or two of the shareholders.

Well - I have a few BT shares, but the AGM isn't for rather a long time (the last one was mid-July 2008)
I suppose that sounds like a threat doesn't it?