cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When can we expect answers to Questions solicited by Peter Jackson?

Santiago
Grafter

Re: When can we expect answers to Questions solicited by Peter Jackson?

I'm surprised we haven't heard that heads have rolled over the Product Refresh.

Why would heads roll?The product was implemented successfully assuming they are getting the sign ups they wanted
Most companies would have got rid of those responsible for this

I don't think so, The staff responsible for the strategic decisions and those that implemented will have been praised for what they have done.
I wonder what, if any, research they did before launching it.

I would suggest they did a lot of research that will have cost a lot of  money
They certainly didn't canvass existing users.

I believe they did have some secret discussions with the Usergroup.
petejackson
Grafter

Sorry all, on the subject of your questions I'm only too aware of the delay.  In my meeting with Anthony earlier this week he mentioned it straightaway - so he hasn't forgotten and we'll get our answers.  He's had a full diary of meetings and we are the mercy of that diary I'm afraid.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: Santiago

....and allegedly the suggestions and criticisms raised were ignored considered and dismissed.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Santiago
Grafter

@strat, I believe you are correct. I don't understand why plusnet bothered to go through that process with the Usergroup
Quote from: Peter
He's had a full diary of meetings and we are the mercy of that diary I'm afraid.
Meetings with who? Customers should not be at the mercy of someone's meeting diary.
Can I suggest you all have a meeting and plan some time to respond to your customers, without whom there would be no need for Mr Voller to have any meetings at all
Spider
Grafter

Quote from: Peter
... He's had a full diary of meetings and we are the mercy of that diary I'm afraid.

At least we now know what he does to earn his money.... attend meetings. If the diary is that full then I think one question a day needs to be added to it ASAP otherwise I for one will just believe it was another PR stunt to shut existing customers up.
Strat
Community Veteran

@strat, I believe you are correct. I don't understand why plusnet bothered to go through that process with the Usergroup

I suppose it depends on who initiated the meeting.
If it was Usergroup then maybe PN didn't want to alienate them....more than they subsequently did.
If it was PN then the phrase paying lip-service comes to mind.
Edited to add the bold text.
Maybe Hollow man can shed some light when he makes an appearance.
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Quote from: Strat

Not strictly secret, but under the terms of a Non Disclosure Agreement.  This is part of an ongoing process which the usergroup has been involved with for some time.  We see the proposals at one stage removed from them being public and have an opportunity to share our views.   On many most occasions there is little to say so we focus on getting the text and explanations correct to minimise  the later problems.  On this occasion, there was a much more substantial debate on the Users behalf.
....and allegedly the suggestions and criticisms raised were ignored considered and dismissed.

Not strictly true Smiley     OK so we didn't get all of the suggestions we made accepted, but some were addressed prior to launch and some in the early phases once a more general user consensus  was evident.  I'm happy that we did a lot of wrangling in the early discussions which was later backed up by the main user base once the refresh was announced.   More importantly Plusnet listened and continue to do so.
Believe me it's not always easy being pushed from both sides, but like the Community Mods, we are volunteers and see merit in what we do.   And we continue to do it Cheesy  so we must be really weird Crazy
If anyone wants to join us, we are always on the look out for suitable volunteers?
Maurice
jim:blue quote tags fixed mod:end

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pierre_pierre
Grafter

zubel
Community Veteran

Quote from: Strat

The Usergroup were consulted, albeit with a very short window of opportunity before release.
I don't think it's fair to say that they were considered and dismissed.  We did suggest many things (quite a few of which were subsequently highlighted by the Community after release).  Plusnet made a few concessions before the actual release (such as a shorter contract on Pro, for example) and as Maurice says they also made further concessions once the weight of the Community response was measured.
The process did highlight some useful changes to PUG's working strategy with Plusnet which are now being adopted, so PUG will continue to be closely involved with Plusnet in the future.
And as Maurice says - if you'd like to get involved, then get in touch with one of the PUG members!
B.
Strat
Community Veteran

I'm very pleased to see my 'allegations' substantially refuted by the horses mouths so to speak Smiley
The Usergroup appears to be fairly unique in its form and function and long may it live.
Personally I don't feel qualified to join such a group but that's me Undecided
But  to ensure it's survival and prosperity I also would encourage suitable individuals to put themselves forward for membership.
geewizz
Grafter

Earth to Plusnet. Earth to Plusnet. Come in Plusnet. Communication breakdown. I repeat, communication breakdown. We are not receiving you. Over.
hangover
Grafter

I'm eagerly awaiting his responses too ... can't believe he's kept us all waiting this long
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: Barry
I don't think it's fair to say that they were considered and dismissed.  We did suggest many things (quite a few of which were subsequently highlighted by the Community after release).  Plusnet made a few concessions before the actual release (such as a shorter contract on Pro, for example) and as Maurice says they also made further concessions once the weight of the Community response was measured.

I can count two concessions then. One is, as you say a 12 month contract rather than an 18 month one on Pro. The other, was (eventually) they allowed exiting customers to move onto Value/Unlimited on a 12 month contract without hardware rather than an 18 month one.
So what a u-turn, a massive 6 months off a contract which is 17 months too long in any case Roll_eyes
artmo
Aspiring Champion

maybe he thinks we will get fed up and go away if he keeps quiet Wink Wink
scootie
Grafter

he's got to run all his answers by BT first and we all know how long it takes to get answers from bt. looks like the bt group treat him as bad as us Crazy