cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When can we expect answers to Questions solicited by Peter Jackson?

Wheel_nut
Grafter

When can we expect answers to Questions solicited by Peter Jackson?

The thread seems to have gone quiet so when can we expect answers?
And while I'm at it, When can we expect the next phase of the Product Refresh?
145 REPLIES 145
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: When can we expect answers to Questions solicited by Peter Jackson?

...and when can we expect the Business Products refresh.
On second thoughts that might not be a good idea after all Lips_are_sealed
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
James
Grafter

Suggest you wait patiently Smiley
Answers will come, I promise.
Spider
Grafter

interestingly in the time scales mentioned, so will death, the end of the world and even more unlikely me winning on my premium bonds.
James
Grafter

It should be within the next couple of weeks.
We're collating all the questions at end of this week / start of next at which point we'll try and find some time in his diary (he's crazily busy) to get some answers sorted for you.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Why so long James?  Surely it doesn't take that time to think of an answer?  Maybe he believes in the old saying 'Time is a healer' and hopes the problems will go away if he ignores them.
James
Grafter

No, it's nothing like that at all.
There's a number of questions and his schedule is absolutely rammed for the next week.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Wot! No Answers?
It is now two weeks since James said it would be a couple of weeks and 10 days since Peter Jackson closed the Questions Thread.
  Huh Roll_eyes
Is it so hard to tell us that existing (unencumbered) customers who don't want any freebies or introductory discounts can switch products and stay on 30 day notice contracts?  Angry
Mav
Fixes: 515

Quote from: Jameseh
...we'll try and find some time in his diary (he's crazily busy) to get some answers sorted for you.

My bold.
Shouldn't that have been done before you started the original thread?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

artmo
Aspiring Champion

Maybe he doesn't see his existing customers as a priority. Shocked
godsell4
Rising Star

It may also be because he is taking to time to assess the thought process used by the Product Managers to create the recent Product Refresh.
Anyhow, he will find quickly those on this forum forget very little and this issue will not just go away if he waits long enough.
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
James
Grafter

Hi guys - Apologies for the delays.
Anthony's been a bit crazy busy (as have we all) but we will try and get you some answers as soon as possible.
Santiago
Grafter

Quote from: godsell4
snip> he will find quickly those on this forum forget very little <snip

So when Mr Voller looks at the big picture do you think he really cares about the couple of hundred customers who frequent the community forums? I don't think so. Little fish in big pond!
snip> this issue will not just go away if he waits long enough.

I think it will go away. Many members of the forum appear to have moved to the new products. The whole issue is fading away with only a relatively small number of forum members still unhappy about the situation, myself included.
Plusnet will be pleased with the result of the Product Refresh and consider it a job well done, irrespective of what we think.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I don't think you are right there Santiago, I think this forum generally reflects a good spectrum of the views of the customer base. Even though a number of people have moved to new products, there is still a number who seem unhappy. Also the majority of customers who do not come to PN's main website, never mind the Community (once in a blue moon) have yet to discover the product refresh. I suspect that as and when they do the picture may change, and not for the better.
Quote from: Jameseh
Hi guys - Apologies for the delays.
Anthony's been a bit crazy busy (as have we all) but we will try and get you some answers as soon as possible.

He'd probably too busy being told by his bosses at BT what to do and how to foul up this business as well as BT have fouled up theirs. The only reason BT get away with things is because they still have a significant monopoly in the business and OFCOM are totally useless at protecting the interests of the consumer.
Also, one (or 2) of their major competitors has managed to foul up their business, but it's a good job there is another biggish competitor on the horizon unfortunately at this time the impact isn't quite big enough (unless you're in market 3!).
artmo
Aspiring Champion

It may also be because he is taking to time to assess the thought process used by the Product Managers to create the recent Product Refresh.
SW.

I'm surprised we haven't heard that heads have rolled over the Product Refresh.  Most companies would have got rid of those responsible for this.  I wonder what, if any, research they did before launching it. They certainly didn't canvass existing users.