cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats happening with my speed

mathewlisett
Grafter

Whats happening with my speed

got an email when i got home saying we had already used up the extra usage which we only just paid for the previous night, so checked out speed and it shows on the above link, and its really bad.
checked our usage and its how it should be ie just over 15gb because that's what it was last night.
so whats happening.
4 REPLIES 4
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Whats happening with my speed

if you are on Value at 10G per month and added one unit of 5G that makes 15, you said you are just over 15, so you have been clamped untill you raid your piggy bank again
or are you one another package?
mathewlisett
Grafter

see this is what im saying, it was only the day before that i bumped it up, so i should be having a usage of 20gb
heck ive even just looked at my usage breakdown and it shows i didnt even remotely use up 5gb ina  day
                                      18 Sun   19 Mon 20 Tue Total
Allowance Used 265.16MB 55.85MB -         1.86GB
Overnight Usage     8.68GB     4.3GB -         42.49GB
got the first email at 7pm saying id run out, which is when i then added a further £5
then got the email today saying same thing.
so what the hell is happening
only thing i can think of is that when i added the extra £5 it somehow wasnt taken on board even though my speed came back last night between 12am-8am, so i thought it was normal
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Hmm... checking your account shows only 1 block of 5GB has been added. Have you got a data transfer watch set?
mathewlisett
Grafter

well then somethign is happening, in the wrong sense .
simply becuase i again added £5 to gain ym speed back and after i did the nromal thing of adding the £5 the speed came striaght back, and after 8am like previous i again have the speed back to the above and an email saying ive run out.
so i can only guess that soemthign is happenign with the plusnet side, considering durign the night after i do another £5 the speeds come back and then 8am comes and it goes slow again
edit:
ok on the 3RD time ive just added another £5.... how do i know it went through like before, well websites are loading mch faster.

BUT this is whats on the usage
This month you've used
15.2GB
of your 15GB allowance
So as before, there is deffinately somethign up.
EDIT:
Yep what a shocker, not even an hour goes by and look what happens

seriously plusnet sort this out, its obviously not my side that has the issue since im the one requesting the extra £5, the speed gains and then soon after drops again. and if i find a bill with multiple £5's added.....