cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats happened here then

BLINDPEW
Grafter

Whats happened here then

I noticed this morning that my bandwidth had dropped from 8550 to 6035. I also noticed that my DSL type had changed from G992.5 annex A to G992.3 annex A. I thought .5 was ADSL2+ and ,3 was just ADSL2. Can I add that I have been on ADSL2+ for over a year and my bandwidth has remained around the 8550 for all this time. Can anyone explain what has happened and am I right in regards to ADSL2 =.3 and ADSL2+ =.5.
Thanks in advance for any help.
1 REPLY 1
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Whats happened here then

Hi BLINDPEW, you're right as to the differences between 992.3 and 992.5 but these are not separate products as far as provisioning is concerned, your router will drop down to .3 if the higher tones that .5 allows are unusable so it can still user better bit-distribution to allow a better synchronisation speed than .1 would (ADSL1). On the first instance just reboot your router and check again, if there are still problems then this may be a symptom of some other issue on your line (most likely an intermittent connection) so just raise a fault which will be addressed by the Faults Team as soon as possible.
If your router isn't in the master / test socket then checking the stats from each of these may show you the cause of the problem without needing faults to look at this for you.