cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What tarrif am I on?!

neal73

What tarrif am I on?!

Can anyone here help - I'm currently paying £21.99 per month and it states on my account I'm on:  PlusNet Broadband Premier Option 1  - now I can't find any mention of this on the site anywhere.
I use my connection mainly for gaming and torrents - would the pro option be suitable for me?
7 REPLIES 7
James
Grafter

Re: What tarrif am I on?!

Hi Neal73,
The Premier product is no longer for sale.  It's been superceded by our Broadband Your Way products.
Looking at your usage over the last couple of months, Pro *may* be suitable for you.  But this depends on when your off peak usage is happening.  Because BBYW has off peak of midnight to 8am and Premier has off peak of midnight to 4pm it depends on how much of your usage is between 8am and 4pm to be able to work out if Pro is the product for you.
neal73

Cheers for that  - most of my downloads are done from midnight to 8am, during the day there may be occasional browsing but not much more than that.  But from around 10pm - 12am will be used for xbox 360 online gaming.
Is pro suitable for this, and is it better than what I'm on now? Is there anyway to get a comparison of what both offer?
James
Grafter

Kitz has done a great little app for this:
http://kitz.co.uk/adsl/plusnet_shaping.htm
I reckon Pro sounds like it would be perfect for you.  Your torrents should be faster as well.
neal73

excellent stuff - I think I'll switch to that then.  Will there be any downtime?
James
Grafter

None whatsoever.
MrToast
Grafter

Would a customer have to disconnect / re-connect for such a change to take effect?
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
Hi Neal73,
The Premier product is no longer for sale.  It's been superceded by our Broadband Your Way products.
Looking at your usage over the last couple of months, Pro *may* be suitable for you.  But this depends on when your off peak usage is happening.  Because BBYW has off peak of midnight to 8am and Premier has off peak of midnight to 4pm it depends on how much of your usage is between 8am and 4pm to be able to work out if Pro is the product for you.

Dont forget weekends are the same price so you would loose 16 hours off peak each weekend then their bank holiday to take in to account.Oh and when you are off work on your holidays  I am staying on my old contract I feel its better value for money.  You dont have to change
puddy