cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What takes 72 hours?

Bromder
Grafter

What takes 72 hours?

Recently jojned plusnet on transfer from sky all was due to happen on monday 21st september phone went live without a prob, we plugged the router in and got power, broadband, wifi and ethernet lights in green but internet light was red, we left it as we received a email saying there was different connection date for phone and broandband.
4 days later on thursday still no green light or internet, i connected plusnet friday to be told my broadband was live but not turned on  by plusnet for some reason, the lady on the phone did this strait away but no green light on internet i then spent the next 20 mins changing router passwords and doing factory resets without any kuck of a green light.
I was told i would have to wait UPTO 72 HOURS for a test to be done and a better qualified technician would phone me, this was after a threat of £50 fine if the issue was found to be my fault i agreed, what do you do in those situations. I tried to phone yesterday 50 hours later thinking there must some information on what is going on, there was no information and the lady on the phone was unable to or willing to chase or contact the guys running the test.
My concern is 74 hours later and no phone call from plusnet:
Is a test actually been run?
Is plusnet mugging me off cause they have made a mistake and don't want to admit to it?
Any help or advice would be appreciate 8 days without internet and its starting to affect personal and work life
27 REPLIES 27
scrookes
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: What takes 72 hours?

Hi there,
Welcome to the forums and please accept my apologies for the delays incurred in resolving the fault you have raised to us.
I've reviewed your account and can see that the fault has been raised to our supplier. It looks like a provisioning issue affecting the way the service connects to the internet.  I've placed a modify order with our Wholesale supplier to correct the problem and if all goes well, your connection should be working by this evening.
I'm monitoring your order and will continue to keep you posted on here.
scrookes
Aspiring Pro

Hi Again,
Checking your account now shows you have an active internet connection for 24 minutes.  Hopefully you can see the same from your end.
Bromder
Grafter

Evening scrookes
Many thanks for your support the internet light is finally green its a shame that the a action taken by yourself was not done on friday or yesterday?
I have tested the connection on ookla speedtest and i am getting speed of 0.80 mbps download and 0.40 upload, i was before with sky enjoying speeds of between 6-8 mbps download considering the phone line is the same i would assume that this should be the case with plusnet as well, can the internet connection please be configered correctly so that the same speeds are achieved?
scrookes
Aspiring Pro

Thank you for getting back to me.
I've resolved that for you too and updated the support ticket to reflect the same.
Once more accept my apologies.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Hi Bromder,
A warm welcome to the forums.
When you can, please take a look at the speed issues thread and post ALL of the information requested.  A member of the community can then take a look and confirm that you are getting the best speeds possible for your line's stats.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Bromder
Grafter

Hi scrookes
Can you confirm what has been resolved?
My speeds on download are ranging from 0.80 - 0.90 download, upload 0.40.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi,
There is some possibility that the PPP session might need to be dropped and reconnected ... which is why I requested that you post a full set of stats, so that we know what we are looking at.  At this juncture, speed test contemplation is not overly informative.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Bromder
Grafter

Hi Townman
Not sure why I have to post stats, plusnet must have all the information they need and most certainly the ability and resources to get it, speedtest is good enough to tell the difference between 0.80 and 8 mbps it certainly was a trusted provider of information and accepted by bt and sky in the past.
I can post the stats but I feel im doing this to entertain the laziness of plusnet when in a similar situation before with sky and bt within the span of 5 minutes they have been able to sort this issues out for me I cannot believe plusnet are not able to do the same?
nightstalk3r
Rising Star

Well for a start without the stats we can't see if the speed is due to a throughput issue on the network or if it is a sync issue with your line/exchange, just posting a speed test tells us nothing.
dick:quote
Bromder
Grafter

sorry nightstalk3r
as i said im happy to post the stats for what purpose im trying to understand because plusnet must be able to obtain these themselves, if you require the stats to help me in my case to get the service from plusnet that they promised me thank you and accept my apologies if my post expresses a  agressive reply toward townmans post my reason is im assuming he works for plusnet? ( if im wrong then red face on my part and i owe him a beer which ill send by carrier pigeon as my internet is a little slow at the mo )
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Assumption is a dangerous act.  I do not work for PlusNet, I am a customer just like yourself.  I do not have access to PlusNet data and sometimes, the information available to the end user (if they know where to look) can be at least as much (if not more) use than that available to PlusNet.
There are more reasonably well informed community users around here most days than PlusNet staff who also have other support channels to cover as well.
However, if you want to wait for them...  Cool

cedlor
Grafter

Better get on to Amazon Prime - see if they have a bottle harness for said carrier pigeon   Grin
Bromder
Grafter

Plusnet Compulsive Lying

Thought ill post this after another day of being disconnected from internet (10days now), I have on many occassion been told / instructed by plusnet that they will do something only to find out that they did not. There has been at no point any doubt that im to fault or my line into the building is faulty, these issue have been caused by plusnet poor business practices and on occassion lazyness from there staff to actually sort out the problems.
* I have been promised that within 72 hours my internet would be back up and going as it was before its now 120 hours.
* I was promised this (email reply from plusnet below)-
" On further investigation I note that the profile stored for your line at our supplier is set incorrectly too.
A modify order has again been placed and this should reflect by midnight at the latest tonight."
Be good to hear from other people on there ongoing problems of empty promises from plusnet and if you have sorted them, how so others can learn best way to deal with this awful sevice
https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/switch/ - this link in my case nothing on this page has been truth
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

mod:note
topics merged to keep info in one place.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'