Did you mean: 

What's up?

woodsider
Grafter

What's up?

Line speed "7616kbps".
Plusnet speed "6.5Mb".
Exchange SSNRD "Green".
Download test speeds:  776 .... 744 ... etc kbps.
Just congestion, do you think?
56 REPLIES 56
tonycollinet
Grafter

Re: What's up?

You are not the only one - and plusnet are not replying apparently.
Azagoth
Grafter

I don't know what's up, but I've been experiencing intermittent time-outs and pages sitting there with "Connection to....." or "Waiting for....." displayed in my browser. 
Weirdly though, internet speedtests are fine -
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Me too - I Am glad there are other sufferers  Grin as it's getting on my nerves
Even email is timing out
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Me too.
No loss of sync and no abnormal error rates but browsing is stop-start and POP3 mail server times out.
mfiles
Grafter

I thought it was me too.  It has been happening for over a week for me, it gets to 7pm and the speed takes a nose-dive.  Line sync Profiles SNR etc are normal  (for my line) no line drops etc - everything normal.  My exchange is reporting nothing unusual,  the BT ADLS notices say nothing relevant to this area
My average download speeds are around 3.8Mb but come 7pm they fall below 1Mb. Normally they would drop to around 3.2 (ish) in the evening if the network was busy, but this last week /10 days has been bad.  Then first thing in the morning everything is fine and back to normal
I even spent last night changing the channels to see if there were conflicts on the wireless signal, The inSSIDer software said there was nothing near my channel - so nothing again
I would love to know what it is - are BT spring cleaning their exchanges and pulling plugs out to clean the connections  Roll_eyes

Force9Original
Grafter

Is it  LINX again ?
PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

same here - some sites ok, others junk (sluggish or timing out). had this problem a couple of months ago. can't remember what it was but it was nothing to do with me.
PT
mfiles
Grafter

Tonight I think it has been the slowest - It has taken about 3 attempts over 10 minutes to get this page up
With all the work that has been going on to replace the line cards on the edge routers over the last couple of weeks - They did remember to put the new ones back in didn't they  Undecided
Azagoth
Grafter

I've just had no internet for about 4 hours, from about midnight to 04:30.  DSL light was showing, just not the 'Internet' connection light.  It really got my ire up too as I was supposed to be talking to family in the States tonight and due to this I missed out on speaking to my Cousin before he deploys.
woodsider
Grafter

Better now in the middle of the day. Currently 3800k.
But still disappointing, as I've had at least 5500k at this time of day for the last month ...
( ... except on and off during the week (2-8th March) when somebody was obviously playing at something ...
Beautifully stable line but six changes of connection, three interleaved at 7616 kbps and three non-interleaved at 8128, all without notice or explanation.)
Message to somebody out there. "We would like to know!"
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi all,
Getting concerned about this as there's at least one other thread on this. We've got some examples now but very little in common that we can see straight off the bat, I'll get a problem raised and let you know when we've any information.
mfiles
Grafter

I see it's starting early tonight - 5.15pm download speed was 3.8Mb - all normal......6.15pm  below 1Mb    Angry
johng88
Dabbler

I'm glad it's just not me as well been have slow speed and web site time-out and some time POP3 mail server times out.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1205188972.png
Azagoth
Grafter

Here we go again.  Internet has been fine all day, and now (circa 19:00) things have started to hang again.  It's just taken 2 minutes to open this forum to post this, sat there with "Connecting to community.plus.net" displayed.