Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What new usage allowance?

godsell4
Rising Star

Re: What new usage allowance?

Quote from: Wheel_nut
The Pro-Lite (also known as the "Park-or-Ride") idea is for a product with Pro specification but with a minimal included Data Transfer allowance (say 1GB) and all additional GB charged at premium price / GB.

And what was the likely difference between ProLite and the existing PAYG? Just a name change?
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
James
Grafter

You're speculating about something that doesn't exist Smiley
I think that the idea put onto the table was something along the lines of £11.99 for a 3GB "Pro" product.  It's a case of whether or not we  can justify the financials of the additional prioritisation on a low entry product.
Either way, we may look into it later on in the year, but we are also looking into home phone and business products and we can't do everything at the same time.  Increasing usage allowances on existing products was relatively straightforward, whereas creating an additional product takes a lot of development resource.
godsell4
Rising Star

Of course.  Wink
It is about time the preordered £/GB came down a little on PAYG, for sure keep the overquota £/GB high so as to encourage people to monitor their usage though.
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

In the longer term whats happening with option 4 customers (like myself). Is the 40G limit likely to be increased as we are now paying £10/month for an extra 10G over option 3 whereas we were getting 20G for the £10.
Looking at my usage I may as well downgrade to option3 and pay for any extra usage as it occurs- if I done this would there be a downgrade charge?
Paul
Edit: just found the other thread on this topic - if the mods want to move it there they can
James
Grafter

Paul,
Just to confirm, you would be able to downgrade FOC and add additional usage as you saw fit.
paulgul
Rising Star

Thanks James, could you just remind me - how much does extra usage cost?
godsell4
Rising Star

From http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/bbyw_information.shtml, which is just 4 clicks away from this page!
75p/GB if you prepay, or 100p/GB in arrears.
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
James
Grafter

So, you'd save yourself £2.50 if you prepaid 10GB on Option 3.
paulgul
Rising Star

Quote from: godsell4

which is just 4 clicks away from this page!
SW.

Ahh but only if you know where you are going - it would probably have taken me 44 clicks - Wink
but thanks for the answer
TrippiHippi

I'm currently on PlusNet Broadband Premier Option 1 for £21.99 a month with a 20Gb a month usage limit.  Do I get any extra usage as I'm paying more than any of the new customers?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

you effectively do as your usage is measured over 8 hours and the newer products are measured over 16 hours
chillypenguin
Grafter

Nope, the old accounts have not been changed.
Take a look at the new BBYW options and save some money. Just watch out fro the Peak hours.
Chilly