cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the matter with Plusnet?

ArtMary
Dabbler

What is the matter with Plusnet?

I used to think that Plusnet was a fairly reasonable internet provide with good customer service and a fairly fast response time.

Plusnet have been *trying* to get my service migrated from 21CN to 20CN (Yes that is the right way round). Some brain surgeon in support (joke) keeps misinterpreting this as a move to 21CN and the order keeps of course getting rejected.

To make matters worse, every time I call, there's wait time in excess of 30 mins.  

I now have no broadband connection at all.  So this evening I've spent a hour on the phone, and having waited 20 mins for support, I was put through to "provisioning" (another 30 minute wait) only to be cut off.

This is getting quite ridiculous and I'm at my wits end.

One more [-Censored-] up and I'll be leaving Plusnet.

Please can  someone sort this NOW.

Regards

10 REPLIES 10
ArtMary
Dabbler

Re: What is the matter with Plusnet?

And now, after another 40 mins wait, I've just been told my service has been ceased - and no-one knows why??????

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

@ArtMary wrote:

Plusnet have been *trying* to get my service migrated from 21CN to 20CN (Yes that is the right way round).

Why?

The 20CN equipment gets decommissioned shortly after 21CN is available, so generally you can't migrate back.

ArtMary
Dabbler

Why?  Because the line is not stable on 21CN at 6km from the exchange.  My neighbour had the same problem last year, his circuit was moved back to 20CN and has been fine ever since.

In theory 21CN can support higher speeds, but not on a noisy line with the premises 6+km from the exchange (BT).

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

They will not have actually been moved back to 20CN. They may well have had their line set to operate only using ADSL1, but it will still be on the 21CN equipment. As I said, you can't be moved back to 20CN, because after a while there will not be any 20CN equipment at your exchange to move you back to.

You can achieve almost the same effect by setting your own modem to connect on ADSL1. Depending on the exact type of exchange equipment, setting your modem to ADSL2 (not ADSL2+) may be best.

ArtMary
Dabbler

I think you are wrong.  In our little community here, we know all the BT engineers and we know exactly what was done by the BT engineer at the exchange (only 600 connections at the exchange so its tiny), all BT Wholesale no LLU.   You can see from the equipment identifier on the router stats when a line has been moved back to 20CN equipment.  The equipment identifier is different for 21CN.

What is more concerning is that Plusnet say the line has been mysteriously ceased, I have no broadband at all at the moment and Plusnet have no idea why that's happened.

Every time I put a call in to Plusnet, there's a 30 minute wait and we've spent hours on the phone on hold over the last 2 weeks trying to get this issue resolved.  Outrageous.

ArtMary
Dabbler

Apparently due to a "technical issue" the circuit had to be ceased in order to be re-provisioned (on 20CN).  No broadband for this week then, not very impressive Sad

Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure that you get a commitment from Plusnet that they will NOT lose your phone number during the cease period !

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Mary. I've replied to you over here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ArtMary
Dabbler

Thank you Gandalf, much appreciated,

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

I have locked this in favour of the thread in @Gandalf's link in message #9.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still