cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between LLU and ASDL2+

rena
Grafter

What is the difference between LLU and ASDL2+

Could someone please tell me what LLU and ASDL2+ mean?  Which one is best?  What are the pro/cons of both? I think I am on ASDL2+ with Plusnet. thanks Smiley
3 REPLIES 3
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: What is the difference between LLU and ASDL2+

Basically LLU is where the ISP has its own equipment inside the exchange, but they still use the same wire from the exchange to the home, they are not reliant on the Horrible BT line speed contol.
For a look inside the exchange look at this extensive overview and explanation http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/telephone_exchange.htm
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

LLU = toll road. ADSL2+ = Ferrari.
So, "What is the difference between LLU and ASDL2+" is a a pretty meaningless question now you know.  Wink
(like comparing apples with wind speed?)
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Not quite accurate
LLU = toll road, no speed restrictions
ADSL2+ = Ferrari, jaguar, vauxhall, mini, pushbike, unicycle (depending in how well the DLM works)
Tongue
Both use the same technology to supply the connection, the main difference is with LLU where the ISP has their own equipment and does not use DLM (dynamic line management - the curse of BT ADSL!) to control the connection.
The sync speeds between the two are comparable, the data rates usually are not (LLU is far superior), especially when ADSL2+ is crippled by BT's DLM..
LLU is usually a cheaper option as the ISP can control the costs more.