cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the Service ID

cleopatra

What is the Service ID

To do a BT speedtest I need the Service ID of plusnet as well as my telephone number.  What is this information and where can I get it?  I have done a search for "Service ID" here but got nothing useful.
7 REPLIES 7
itsme
Grafter

Re: What is the Service ID

Just the telephone number is required the Service ID is an option.
fourfourdevon
Grafter

For some people the ID is needed.
itsme
Grafter

Only if they have SDSL and I'm not sure if BT Speedtester will work with SDSL lines.
fourfourdevon
Grafter

Thats not what the speed tester says itself, at one stage it was insistent that I provide an ID as well as a telephone number and told me that I should get this from my ISP, and I have ADSL2+
itsme
Grafter

The test page states
Please enter your Telephone Number (e.g. 01234123456) Or Service ID Or Both , below then click on "Go" to start the performance test.

I do know my Service ID as it stated in the ticket when I was upgraded from fixed speed ADSL to 21CN WBC as part of the original trial.
fourfourdevon
Grafter

Yes, but *sometimes* for *some people* after you enter your telephone number only, it displays an error message saying you need both, I know this because I have had just such an error message.
itsme
Grafter

If it a new telephone number the system probably will as it use the telephone number to look up the Service ID. If it's a new line the database probably will not be up to date.