Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is my BT IP Profile?

Cathotel
Grafter

What is my BT IP Profile?

Hi anyone from support,
Trying desperately to get a BT speedtest to work but keep on getting Test Error' go - away Sad
I know it's been updated over the w/e and I've accepted the Java applet etc, IE9, FF, Chrome, 3 PC's and it still won't work Sad Even tried with my Service ID'
I'm having the vDSL modem swapped out this afternoon and wanted a pre - change check and raising a ticket probably won't get a response before my 1pm to 5pm slot.
Very grateful if anyone could do this please? last time 11th Feb it was 38363 Kbps with at that time d/l of 35402 Kbps so guessing/hoping it's the same.
Regards,
Pete
5 REPLIES 5
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: What is my BT IP Profile?

Hi Pete,
I've just replied to you over on Twitter.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Cathotel
Grafter

Hi Bob,
I saw your Twitter reply but I raised this one first - Twitter was out of desperation Smiley
A bit frustrating with the modem being swapped out between now and 5pm.
I've Googled but can't find any 'problems with BT tester' so maybe it's not down for everyone?
Thanks anyway...
Pete
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

It's an odd one Pete.
There's no easy way for us to get the data via remote testing of your line. There are checks we can run but they're kind of dependent on the back-end systems the BT speedtester replies on. They're failing for your line but working for others Huh

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

One way to get the IP profile is this - it takes a while and may require a couple of tries
http://windows.mouselike.org/be/index.asp?DoAction=BrasChecker
Cathotel
Grafter

Thanks OldJim,
Just tried that and the plot thickens - ran it and got the message below first:-
Warning
BT have changed their systems, this tool now has to actively submit information to BT to read the BRAS details.
This may cause problems if your internet provider needs to use BT Speed Tester results for diagnostics and fault reporting in the near future. If in doubt, do NOT run this tool.
Running this tool will also prevent you from running the BT Java based speed tester for a few hours
And then after hitting 'Get BRAS anyway' button got this:-
It looks like you entered an invalid phone number or BTs system is refusing to run a test, try again in a few hours.

Enter landline number:

Data For: 01905xxxxxx
Exchange: DROITWICH (WMDRO)
BT Recorded Line Length (m): 3731
BE LLU: Activated
Real Error: Migration code required for this number

Que? it worked on Saturday and every day for the past month whilst monitoring my line and the cable length is odd.  I'm on FTTC about 700m from the box but guess they refer to the copper for the phone.
I've added a question to the BT Speedtester thread to ask if anyone on PN FTTC is able to use the tester since the upgrade.  I'm following a TBB thread by some BT Infinity customers with the same issues.
Pete