cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What has happened to Plusnets billing system?

sinewave
Grafter

What has happened to Plusnets billing system?

I'm charged the correct amount - no problems there. My problem is how we are informed and invoiced.
1) I get an email that referral discounts have been applied to invoice # xxxxx but the number is NOT the right. I think it might be some sort of id number for the invoice web page.
2) Why the heck is the credit from referrals no longer on the actual invoice? If, like me, these things get printed out for personal accounting, you have to print out the invoice plus the credit note - and then make two entries on your accounts if your being anal.
3) There is nothing on either the credit note or the invoice that links them together, apart from date. Not even a "this will be deducted from invoice #xxxx". And yet only one transaction appears on my credit card.
4) why isn't the credit note web link provided with the referrals email notification - like the invoice email? One has to go to Billing History to find it.
Yes there is more important things to stress about in the world but this does seem to be rather a cack-handed system.

WANTED: a single invoice that breaks down exactly the amount taken from my credit card account.

3 REPLIES 3
jamessealey
Grafter

Re: What has happened to Plusnets billing system?

Sinewave, it is quite normal for companies to 'net' an invoice and a credit and then just pay the remaining amount. It should be sufficient for your accounts to present the initial invoice together with any applicable credit notes to reach the amount billed on your CC account.
It would add considerable extra cost if PlusNet were to put two card transactions through, which would ultimatly be passed onto us as paying customers, also coming at it from the other way round, PlusNet probably have to account for all the credits they offer customers, and therefore by issuing seperate credit notes for these can be easily tracked and reported on from a business point of view.
James
sinewave
Grafter

I'm not suggesting PN should put two credit card transactions through - That would probably confuse me even more!
Its just I'm sure a few months ago PN would include a line for the referrals on the actual invoice - saving the need for credit notes. Just seems a more clunky way for everyone now. Perhaps I'm missing something connected to accounting practices here, but then I'm no accountant - just his slave 🙂
I'm not really expecting PN to change their way of doing things from just this post, but I just thought I'd mention it.
Thanks for the reply James.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

just looked at mine back to January, always been that way