cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does this message indicate - from Gateway checker?

dvvrue95
Grafter

What does this message indicate - from Gateway checker?

Rxd this yesterday and now this afternoon, from Plusnet gateway checker
"Which gateway
Sorry, records show your IP address is not from the Plusnet brand and as such, we cannot detect your gateway."

Confused  Roll_eyes Plusnet user Ian
3 REPLIES 3
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: What does this message indicate - from Gateway checker?

Quite common, with newer gateways, or when configurations are changed. Something needs to be set up again.
dvvrue95
Grafter

Anotherone
thanks. I take it you mean it is something to do with the way the Gateway is configured. nothing to do with the user?
It's just about the same time yesterday I appear to have locked up my Netgear DGN2200 router - when I say locked up
I mean I was in the process of changing the router system password when we lost the power and after a power restore
I was unable to ener either the old or new password and the factory reset will not reset.  Embarrassed
Apart from not being able to access the router setup / statsetc it is working fine. So was not sure if the Gateway message
was related to my router access problem.
cheers, Ian 
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Yes, to be clear Gateway configuration or something to do with some other configuration at Plusnet's end not yours.
Hope you get your Netgear sorted. Can I suggest that you fiddle with it offline so as not to upset DLM, and only resync in daylight in view of your long line.
Try partial passwords, but can't understand why the factory reset won't work. Maybe drop Netgear Support a line.