cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you make of these router stats?

trudderz
Grafter

Re: What do you make of these router stats?

Hey Jojo,
BT has finally fixed the fault on our line, there was lines in contact.
Can I now ask for my line to be reset please?
Ticket number: #41854481
Many Thanks Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Trudderz,
As per Bob's tweet this has now been done for you.
jojo Smiley
trudderz
Grafter

Thanks Jojo...
The router synced @ 4,320  Smiley  and profile has now shot up to 3,500 on both BT Speedtester and in the Member Centre...
...but still getting low speeds in tests Sad
Wireless:

Wired:
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Trudderz,
[quote= slow speed troubleshooting guide]What to do if your Download Speed is too low
In ideal conditions the download speed will be just under the IP Profile. If there's a considerable difference and you want to report a problem, use the Broadband Troubleshooter, but we recommend following the advice below first, you might be able to fix it yourself.
Check our Service Status posts
If there are problems on our side of the network, we'll post about them on Service Status. If a speed affecting problem is open, your speed should improve once it's closed.
Scan your computer for viruses and spyware
Viruses and Spyware can slow down your computer and subsequently your download speeds. There are a number of programs (such as Plusnet Protect) which can help you find and remove these from your system. Run a full virus scan to make sure your computer is ok.
Using Wireless? Make sure it's working properly
If you're using a wireless network, try connecting with an Ethernet cable. If this improves your speed you should consider changing the position of your router/computers and the channel that your wireless network broadcasts on. See our Wireless signal guide for more help with this
If you can, try a different router or modem on your line. If this fixes the problem, your hardware is faulty and needs replacing (if you got it from us in the last 12 months, contact us for a free replacement).
Is there a problem at your telephone exchange?
Problems at your telephone exchange can affect your broadband speeds. Put your number in the Usertools Exchange Checker to find the current status of your exchange. If the VP (Virtual Paths) status is 'Red' then you might see slower speeds, particularly at peak times. If this is the case, BT will already be aware of the problem and they'll be planning to expand the exchange capacity to fix the problem.
Jojo Smiley
trudderz
Grafter

Thanks Jojo  Smiley

Been synced at 4000 for coming up to 6 days now, but IP profile is still 3000?
Any help please?

Cheesy
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi TRUDDERZ,
Just changed that to 3500 now. You should see the change shortly.
Jojo Smiley
trudderz
Grafter

Your brilliant, thankyou Jojo.
Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I know. You're welcome Wink
trudderz
Grafter

Jojo, could I ask you to be brilliant again and check if the SNR reset which was taken in this ticket (#43386717) was successful?
I re-synced this morning to see if it had taken affect but doesn't appear to of.
Thank you Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi TRUDDERZ,
I've just been checking and it definitely went down to 6dB, I can only assume it didn't last very long. To be honest, after that many resets, I think the chances are your line is most stable at its current 9dB.
Jojo Smiley