cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What changed overnight?

Bookman
Grafter

What changed overnight?

Hi, Has something changed at PlusNet overnight? I have been getting hundreds of spam messages every day (and filtering them with Thunderbird) and yesterday was the same. But this morning - very few. Is it something to do with Postini? I looked at the PN news page - nothing. Looked for an email from PN -  nothing. Looked in the forum - lots of threads about Postini but there are none titled "Postini finally rolled out" or similar.
If I am now on Postini was I supposed to know in advance?
5 REPLIES 5
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: What changed overnight?

Hi there,
Postini has not yet been rolled out to plusnet customers and having run a dig on your domains (username.plus.com and your two hosted domains) I can confirm that you have not yet been moved to postini.
I'm not sure what has happened though the mail queues here have dropped too, hopefully the seasonal christmas spam is starting to slow down now.
godsell4
Rising Star

Do you [1] download all messages marked by PN as [-SPAM-] or [2] have those messages moved to Inbox.Spam?
Is it the untagged SPAM, i.e. the obvious SPAM message PN has not marked as [-SPAM-] you are missing?
Also, if you are an F9 customer you have likely been moved to Postini.
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Bookman
Grafter

SW, I should have been more clear and said that I have PN spam detection set to OFF.
Orbrey, thanks for clarifying that. Perhaps you are right about the seasonal change - my spam load did soar just before Christmas.
canford
Grafter

I too noticed a change this morning. With PlusNet spam detection set to on, there are very few in my Eudora 'Junk' mailbox, which catches most that get through anyway. Fewer also in the PN 'spam' folder so I guess volume is down.
Mav
Fixes: 515

I, too, have noticed a sudden down-turn of spam from around 2500 per day to a slow trickle - probably less than 200.
I am on the Postini trial but never noticed any difference for the first few days then this sudden reduction.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still