cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What broadband connection?

barbara

What broadband connection?

Has anyone had the same trouble as me? Since joining plusnet I have contacted technical support umpteen times with the same problem and it's still not rectified.  I have not got a light on my DSL I was told that there was a fault on my line and then got an email (not on the same computer obviously because that's not working!) to say the fault was now fixed.  On checking I still couldn't connect and still no light on the DSL.  I have tried everything suggested but still no joy.  The thing is I keep being asked to check different things but I need to go to a friend's house to use her computer to actually read plusnets emails so some checks just cannot be tried immediately.  I am now at the end of my tether and I'm wondering if I can cancel the contract seeing as plusnet haven't fullfilled their side of the bargain i.e internet connection>:(
6 REPLIES 6
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: What broadband connection?

[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Thread moved to raise it's profile with support.
Welcome to the Forum barbara. I hope you get sorted quickly. Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi barbara,
Just letting you know that we've picked up on this thread and are having a look at your account now. I'm sorry to hear about this problem, we'll get some further checks done and update you again on here shortly.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
win7xp
Grafter

Quote from: barbara
I need to go to a friend's house to use her computer to actually read plusnets emails Angry

@adamwalker
Did you read the full post ?
No point updating her on here !
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi barbara,
Following my call to you just now I'm just updating this post in case you log on to community whilst you are checking your e-mails at your friend's house. I have now raised a new fault ticket for you and we are proceeding with raising a fault to our suppliers. I will keep you updated by phone as promised.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
barbara

Thanks for your reply Adam
I am " Barbara's" friend the one whose computer she uses or, more like it,  I'm the one she's left with all this mess for me to clear up! I cannot get up to her house every single day but I will try to get there tomorrow (Wednesday)  When I suggested to her to get broadband I thought it would be fun teaching her and also to stop her 'mithering' me. ( hope she doesn't read this)  but I've had more mither than ever. As I explained on the ticket I have had broadband for years now and it was set up without problems  so I told her it would be 'dead easy' to set up. I'm now regretting mentioning it. I think she may be considering cancelling it altogether seeing as we haven't even connected once.  Do you think the router could be the problem as it has been proved it isn't the BT line.  All we (I) want is an up and running broadband connection. As we have said the DSL light isn't on.  Any suggestions?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Could you try your filter and router on her line?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)