cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are Ts&Cs of discount scheme ?

paulh
Rising Star

What are Ts&Cs of discount scheme ?

Like others I've received an offer of a £5-a-month discount for 6 months if I sign up for a 12-month contract ...
But I can't find a link anywhere to tell me what I'm committed to if I do sign for 12. For instance, I'd probably expect to have to pay up the whole of the remainder of a contract if I wished to end it early; but would that include the discount, as an example?
Who'd sign a contract without knowing what's in it?
Could a PN staffer please advise?
ta
Paul
18 REPLIES 18
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: What are Ts&Cs of discount scheme ?

It appears that is a major omission from the email and/or save page it links to.
I've looked but can't find any links to it.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi PaulH,
Given that the discount is part of the new contract, this would still be in effect if you terminated the contract early - i.e. you would pay off the remainder of the contract fees but the discount would still apply.
Hope that helps,
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Neither the email or page it links to makes that fully clear hence why a T&C is still needed for this, even if its just a link to the standard T&C.

paulh
Rising Star

i think a link to a full T&C document is what's needed Matt; as Peter says, it's major omission ...
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

There are no specific terms and conditions for this offer, it is a 12 month continuation of your existing terms and conditions (with the discount applied).
Hope that helps,
hulls
Grafter

And as I understand it, at the end of that 12 months, I will go back to my monthly contract as before.  I'm 30 quid better off, and I'm still with the ISP I've been with for years enjoying the same service.
Free-online/Plusnet has had a years worth of knowing I'm still going to be around (along with the 100's of others obviously  Smiley )so they can plan on a little stability of income.
Everyone wins - don't they?
John
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

So why does the mail state T&C apply.
If you are going to state that you should then state what the T&C actually are, even if it is just the normal 12 month contract T&C.
You should not make it hard for people to read the T&C before accepting the offer, which is what the current situation appears to be.
paulh
Rising Star

Quote from: orbrey
it is a 12 month continuation of your existing terms and conditions (with the discount applied).

My current T&C says that I can leave at any time with no penalty because (having been a customer for long enough) I'm on a monthly contract.
SO, is it a 12-month contract with 6 months discount or is it a monthly contract with 6 months discount?
you see what the problem is when it's not made explicit?
Paul
Mav
Fixes: 515

To me, at least, this discount reads that whatever contract you are on now you will be tied to a 12 month contract with 6 month's subscription discounted.
What concerns me is what happens at the end of the 6 month discount term or the 12 months contract. Are the subscriptions liable to increase above their current level or simply revert to what we are paying now?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

A change in subscription charge (i.e. upwards) would be a change in the T&C to your detriment and thus would then allow you to cancel without charge (except for the normal 30 day cancellation period).
The following clause will apply:
23.4 If you give us notice that falls before the end of your current Agreement period because we have increased our Charges or materially changed the Conditions of this Agreement to your detriment, you may cancel in the period of time between the notice of the changes and the time the changes take place.
You will just revert to the payments you make now after 6 months.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Legally we aren't allowed to change the subscription cost without you agreeing to it beforehand (this would be a change in the terms and conditions of the contract).

...oops, too late.
mjtuohy
Grafter

Sure I read that if you take out the £5 discount over 6months, but leave before 12 monthts. You have to pay the rest of the 12 month subscription plus the £5 that was taken off. Ie me £21.99 -£5.00 =£16.99 for 6 months then £21.99 for 6 months. If I leave before end of 12 months, I have to pay the £ 21.99  for for the remainder of thr 12 month contract.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Is this offer being made to us all?  I haven't had an email with the offer.
Mand
Grafter

Hi,
We will be mailing everyone, but it will take us a while to get all the emails out.
In the meantime if you want to take up the offer, raise a ticket for my attention agreeing to the new 12 month contract and I'll sort it for you. Smiley