cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail really slow

DaveHedgehog

Webmail really slow

Has anyone else noticed that Plusnet webmail (SquirrelMail) is running really slowly
5 REPLIES 5
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Webmail really slow

boavon
Grafter

Pierre, not sure whether you pointing to the Sheffield data centre problems explains the slowness of Squirrel mail.  In my case, having just logged on, whilst I can see the subject headings of the mail requiring my attention, when I click on them all I get is an IE error saying unable to display page - regardless which one I choose.  In this case, isn't squirrel mail simply reading and not actually doing any sending or receiving - or am I just being pedantic?  We've had these issues before.  Why are they being repeated? 
pierre_pierre
Grafter

thought it should be cured by now.  But the e-mails stay in Sheffield, they are not on your computor, the only get on your computor if you use a pop 3 like outlook
Just check, I am using Thunderbird and that is cattle trucked
boavon
Grafter

Its getting worse!
I'm now getting these error messages
ERROR:
ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.

Can sombody please open the "lessons learnt log" from the last time this happened and then apply?
kopperdrake
Grafter

I'm also having this issue here in Derby, I have to copy every email I write in case I get the IMAP server error and need to repaste my replies into another email. Sometimes the email I've sent shows up in my Sent folder, sometimes not, which means sometimes I look as though I'm replying twice to an email, unless I check my Sent folder every time I get the error, but of course, sometimes I get the error when refreshing my Sent folder. It's wasting my time this end  Sad
Duncan