cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail continually logging out

Shaunus4

Webmail continually logging out

My webmail has been unusable for the last 45 mins or so.  Huh
It is continually logging me out, and seems to be doing so more and more often, to the point where now I go to the login screen, enter my details, hit "login" and by the time the next screen loads it is saying "ERROR: You must be logged in to access this page.  Go to the login page"

I am also intermittently receiving different error messages as I try to log in,
"ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server."
"ERROR: 2 Preference database error. Exiting abnormally "
Any guesses?
10 REPLIES 10
James
Grafter

Re: Webmail continually logging out

Yep.  We've literally just put out a service status regarding webmail problems.
http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=messages&ispservice_id=email
Shaunus4

Thanks James - I'll try to find something else useful to get on with then, and wait for an update.
reserved
Grafter

I can get into my Greenbee Webmail but can't log into "My account" - Get the following message:
"Invalid username or password. Please try again."
Strange because it's the same username & password for both  Huh
Shaunus4

Seems to be working again for me, for the moment
reserved
Grafter

Still can't get into "My account" or "Online Support" so unable to raise a ticket or check the fault status!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@reserved
That's not going to be caused by the same issue as the Webmail problems. I'll take a look at your account now and see if I can find any issues.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
James
Grafter

Dennis,
I can log into your account.  I'd suggest clearing any temporary internet files and trying again.
reserved
Grafter

Thanks James & Chris. I have the cleared the  files but still can't login using Firefox but I can using IE8?
It was working ok in FF earlier today.
alterego
Dabbler

The notice says: "We are continuing to investigate reports of slow access when using the service. We have reverted some changes we made to the platform this morning and added some additional servers to help alleviate the problem."
This has been a problem for a lot longer than that! I invariably have to wait any thing up to 5 minutes* for it to load (even on my much faster link at work) and that's after Plusnet unceremoniously binned about 5000 of my emails!
*After which it times out. It took two minutes just now, which I suppose is an improvement, but a forum thread I read regularly with over 6000 replies loads in ten seconds...
reserved
Grafter

Went and had my tea, come back and tried logging in using Firefox and it now works again.
I haven't changed anything my end. Despite what was said earlier, perhaps it was related to this: http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=messages&ispservice_id=email