Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web pages take ages to load

rovingeyeuk
Grafter

Web pages take ages to load

Hi, 

Struggling for a while but this problem seems to have gone worse recently. 

A lot of pages are taking forever to load, email as well with Yahoo particularly bad.   BBC seems one of the worst and I have to constantly refresh the partial blank page. There are a good number of others but I haven't took note but it's getting increasingly frustrating.  Please can someone help. 

4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Web pages take ages to load

Hi, are you connecting over wireless or ethernet when this has happened and are you seeing the same issue with more than one device? assuming you have multiple.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Cagney1994
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

@rovingeyeuk - Switch off PN Safeguard or change DNS server. Both made a difference when I had a similar problem.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@rovingeyeuk, I've pushed a config update to your router. Interested to know if it's helped?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

rovingeyeuk
Grafter

Hi Bob, Cagney, Adam, At the moment we have mainly Android Tablets and Phones connected to WiFi. We have a Surface Pro 3 which struggled with new updates but we only going this into use when we have more important use for it. This mornings Speedtest reported around 8.9mbs down, 1.0mbs up which is the best I've seen for a while although over a long period there have been many fluctuations. We watch various TV programs streamed in HD with no problems these days, it used to be quite poor in the past. About two years ago our neighbour must have had a BT Home Hub installed and it wiped our WiFi out, no matter what fix I tried I couldn't get a decent connection until I replaced the router with a Asus D55u. This immediately cured that problem. Over recent times I've noticed the slow web site problem which sometimes drove me mad at its snails pace and at other times was satisfactory, although the last few days it was frustrating to say the least. Yesterday I decided to put the Plusnet router back to see what that would do, I did this reluctantly as we have many devices to reconnect, tablets, phones, smart Thermostat, smart plugs and so on. At first after setting it up the speed increase was a pleasant surprise but what I couldn't believe was there seems no interference from the BT equipment next door which I'd had in the past. The web page issue still seemed slightly slow generally especially with the BBC News site and when syncing Yahoo Mail it had improved some. Now this morning on those pages and mail there are no delays, it does appear to be flying along and the best it's been for ages. Bob, it looks like your configuration update has been successful, thank you all for getting involved. Thanks again Ken