cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Surfing Very Slow

paxy
Grafter

Web Surfing Very Slow

Over the last few days my internet surfing is a bit like walking through treacle, especially in the evenings.  It doesn't appear to be my modem, that is connected at over 7000 and my profile is the same.  My PC is new and fast....
I suspect it is congestion somewhere rather than something being 'wrong'.  how should I go about trying to pinpoint to resolve or I am just stuck with slowness as peak times?
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
WWWombat
Grafter

Re: Web Surfing Very Slow

Try the post stuck at the top of this forum: Got a speed problem? Please read this first.
Its a couple of years old now, and needs updating to cover ADSL2+ exchanges, but it is a good intro to line problems - assuming that turns out to be the cause.
If you don't have line issues, but the problem lays instead with the capping mechanism in PlusNet for the different kinds of traffic, then the usual answer is to use a tool called wireshark, and check whether your data is being tagged in the right way.
Mike
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
paxy
Grafter

Re: Web Surfing Very Slow

ok - thanks
Tried rebooting my router as a first attempt and speeds went from 300 to 5200.
Not sure if the router was the problem - or if it was exchange - or if it was something at plusnet.
But thanks anyway!