cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Space FTP - Please help a thicko !

davidpalmer

Web Space FTP - Please help a thicko !

HI
I have hosted webspace on plusnet, which I can Access no problem, but the sole use for this is to store files for myself and customers. And quite simply what i need to do is create a folder for me and my customers to access, without anyone else having access to it, so when I am away from the office i can get files i may need in the day.preferably via a web browser. I can crreate folders and upload ok , but any one can see the folder, so need to password protect the folder somehow ?
Any Help appreciated - Many Thanks
David Huh
4 REPLIES 4
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Web Space FTP - Please help a thicko !

Here is a good place to start David.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
davidpalmer

HI - Thanks very much for your prompt reply - appreciated - albeit I have tried the method without success ?
When logging in i get the following error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@plus.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I have been over the instructions very carefully indees and tried again from scratch but still get the same error ?
I have re generated a new upload folder and a new password but again still the same error, i have renamed the files correctly with the leading .
so a bit at a loss
Thanks
David
Huh

Tracer
Grafter

FTP is abit squiffy atm that might be your prob
see here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,61062.0.html
davidpalmer

Quote from: Tracer
FTP is abit squiffy atm that might be your prob
see here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,61062.0.html

HI I have had another go with this and can get to the username and dialog box, but it refuses the password, I have tried different passwords and user names and folders, but alas It still wont let me in ? any ideas people please ?