cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather

gwillym
Grafter

Weather

So, will this warmer weather improve my line's stability? -the first 100 - 150m of it are above ground?
If it improves it, then would it be worth a disconnect/reconnect of the FTTC modem to see if I can improve my IPProfile? Cheesy
I live without much hope, but you never know.......
2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Weather

Hi,
If your (unspecified) problem is related to bad joints, then dryer weather might deliver some improvement.  On the other hand, if there is corrosion, drying out of the joints might lead to a worse condition.
Can you hear noise on your phone line?  Dial 17070 option 2 for a quiet line test.  If you hear any noise, crackles etc. then raise a noisy line fault with your phone provider.
HTH.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Weather

So, will this warmer weather improve my line's stability? -the first 100 - 150m of it are above ground?

Wishful thinking but I doubt it would have much effect, I can't see from the notes on your account that you've had problems in the past specifically related to line conditions so let us know if you suspect any particular issues with that.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team