cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wasted OR engineer visit!

NedLudd
Grafter

Wasted OR engineer visit!

On an apparent ongoing problem I received a call on my mobile whilst in France on Monday telling me  that an engineer visit is required. I told your op (Reece) that I was in France ATM but would be home on Tuesday. He suggested that an engineer visit would be arranged at my house on Wednesday (today). I agreed to this as I knew I would be home Tuesday night!
Shortly after this call I get a text confirming the engineer visit but, also pointing out that I would be liable to a £50 charge if no fault was found at my premises. The text suggested I call an 0345 number if I'm not happy. How can I call an 0345 number when not in the UK which your op knew. I had no access to the internet either!
So, as soon as I get home on Tuesday I test my connection and find that the fault has been cleared and all is back to normal. I add a ticket telling PN all of this and cancel the engineer visit.
But, the engineer turns up anyway!!!
If you think I'm going to pay £50 for your foul-up then think again mateys!
Geoff,
York.
2 REPLIES 2
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Wasted OR engineer visit!

Hi NedLudd,
I'm really sorry for the failings that you've raised with us here. I've fed the advisor in question back to his manager so we can try and avoid such issues happening again.
You will not be charged for the engineers attendance today as you did notify us within the agreed period that the engineer was not required and we should have cancelled this.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you.
NedLudd
Grafter

Re: Wasted OR engineer visit!

Thanks Chris, apology accepted! Wink
Geoff,
York.