cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait, wait, wait, wait so we can take another months money

BugsBunnyisDead

Wait, wait, wait, wait so we can take another months money

My connection is useless and has been for ages but now its become a joke hence why ive contacted CS 4 times in a week and been told wait wait wait and half of them cant actually help anyway...
You ran some tests and decided to put interleaving on, I phoned up to ask if it had been turned on or to be informed when it has... I was told I need 72 hours of stable connection for it to take effect(how is that going to happend when i keep getting disconnected because my line is useless? Also why cant you just tell me when its turned on, I've already told you guys how important it is that i have connection and would rather get each step in the procedure moving as quickly as possible, but to me it seems like you just wanted to wait for me to carry on into next months billing 1/2/2011, well well done you managed that.
now can i actually have some helpful advice about how this is going to get resolved? also i dont want interleaving on my line, i know what it does and i dont want it.
i want you to find where the error is and correct it
1 REPLY 1
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Wait, wait, wait, wait so we can take another months money

Bugs, you seem to feel if you have a problem with your broadband you can just keep calling customer services until it gets fixed.  Whilst this might work, the strategy that is most effective involves quite a lot of effort on your part.  It's possible, even likely perhaps, that the cause of your problem is something in your house about which Plusnet can do nothing.  There is a standard procedure required to eliminate this possibility.  Once you have done that and shown that it hasn't helped, the onus is very much on Plusnet to sort out the problem for you and you can justifiably complain loudly until something gets done.  Plusnet also have no direct control over the broadband equipment in your telephone exchange (the Dynamic Line Manager).  As a result, if you make a change you may have to wait several days to see if it has had a beneficial effect because that's the way the DLM works.
What you should, I hope, have done already is to remove the faceplate from the master phone socket in your house and connect your router directly to test socket behind the faceplate (still using an ADSL filter).  You then need to look on your router for the (downstream) sync rate, attenuation and signal to noise ratio (sometimes called noise margin).  If you report those figures here I'm sure you will get helpful comments about what your problem might be.