cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WPS on Router

valart
Grafter

WPS on Router

After a long wait I received  my mini wireless connector from Sky I have a old Thomson router from when I first joined PN and the directions say that to connect to my broadband I need to press the wps on my router,I just wondered if it is the button on the front of my router that connects me if that is not the case I can use my sky remote and press services and put my password in I hope this is the correct thing to do.
4 REPLIES 4
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: WPS on Router

Hi valart,
The easiest thing to do here is, as you suggested, to go into the 'Services' section on your Sky box and to type in the Wireless Key manually in there.
I hope you've managed to get connected up Smiley
valart
Grafter

Thanks for your reply I have used text on the sky remote do I press that button on it and how do I get the upper case letters
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

You shouldn't need to use the WPS button at all. There should be some instructions on TV via your Sky Box which explains/shows how to put uppercase characters in.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

HI Valart, I did a quick google and found this:
http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/On-Demand-Catch-Up-TV/Sky-Wireless-Connector-Password-to-Virgin-Superhub...
It sounds like if you keep pressing the buttons they will cycle around to lower case.
I hope that helps.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager