Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIfi Very slow and dropping out

FIXED
Cyberjunk49
Fixes: 1

WIfi Very slow and dropping out

Hi need assistance with the Wifi. We have recently moved into a new house, our plusnet service was moved with us. I has been up and running here now for 3 weeks and the WIfi is appalling.  It is constantly disconnecting and if I do a speed test on a wifi connected device im getting 3 -4 mb download. All the streaming services are unuseable. We were having this same issue in our old house, the only common link is the router.

4 REPLIES 4
spacecadet
Dabbler

Re: WIfi Very slow and dropping out

Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue     look for this in forum .

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting in touch @Cyberjunk49 and apologies for the delayed response.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your connection.

I've tested your line and I can't see any issues remotely.

If you've recently moved it may be that the wireless channel your router is using isn't the best for this new property.

I'd recommend going through the steps shown here to try and resolve this including changing the wireless channel.

It also may be worth downloading a WiFi analyser app on your phone as this can tell you which wireless channel is best in your area.

Let us know how you get on

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Cyberjunk49
Fixes: 1

Fix

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replys. I have tried all the remedies and more but the wifi access was still aweful. It was dropping out every 10 - 15 minutes and at best we were getting 2 - 4mb throughput on wifi, Sky Q was unuseable as the boxies were constantly disconnecting

I bit the bullet and got a HomeHub 6 the result was fantastic, a real winner. The broadband is now useable again. Everythig is working. If plusnet know about the problems with the router howcome they dont replace them. I have always been a fan of Plusnet but this has soured my taste, issues happen, its how they are resolved is important. We have been living with this for a year now 

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @ Cyberjunk49,

Thanks for getting back to us, I appreciate your feedback comments. I'm pleased to hear you have managed to resolve the issue, albeit with a different router.

We're constantly reviewing our router options for our customers, this is a work in progress however your feedback is important to us and will help shape our decision on router options in the future. We're happy to help support your broadband demands and to ensure your router is working correctly, however you are free to try alternative routers if you find the that the Hub One router does not meet your demands completely.

If you require any further assistance, please let us know.

Thanks - LF