Did you mean: 

WIFI connected but no internet

FIXED
jono
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

WIFI connected but no internet

Hello to All,

Wondering if someone could help me, I decided to buy a new router which is a Netgear D6400/Ac1600, I used the setup wizard within the router and all was fine until I happened to switch my phone off ( I always have WiFi switched  on on Phone) When I logged back into my WiFi I got the message WIFI connected but may be no internet even though when my computer is fine and Internet ok, This happens to to my wife's phone which is different make and my smart TV, I have tried a load of different settings including rebooting Router and have updated Firmware today but no luck.After a while my WiFi just start working, it has me stumped, the only thing I haven't tried is entering the router settings for Plusnet manually.

Anybody got any Ideas or come across this before, 

Regards

Jono

7 REPLIES 7
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: WIFI connected but no internet

Hi @jono,

I'm sorry for the problems that you've experienced with connecting your new router. Having checked your account, it appears that you're now connected on the correct details and things should be up and running as normal.

Please let us know if you're still experiencing any connection problems or if there's anything else that you'd like to discuss.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Deleted. @EmilyD answered my question whilst I was posting.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jono
Aspiring Pro

Hello thanks for replying, I think my internet is working, the problem is if i connect via WiFi to my router it tells me connected but no internet, that is the puzzlng thing.
We have just arrived home, my phone is connected via WiFi and i have Internet, my wifes phone is connected via WiFi but is getting message no Internet.
I was just about to go into orbit when i thought wonder if i switch off the wifi extender what would happen, now its connected with internet. Could that be the problem I ask myself or just a coincidence?
Is it possible?
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Fix

There's two levels of connection. The first is your modem/router has to be connected (synchronised) to the BT fibre cabinet. The second is that connection to the broadband service has to be logged into your Plusnet account, which is required to give you Internet service.

What I suspect is that your phones are locking on to the extenders but when you upgraded your router you failed to synchronise the extenders to your new WiFi SSID. If your phones then lock onto the extender it will be connected to the extender and nowhere else. If this is the case you need to resynchronise the extenders to the router using the WPS button on the router and extender. Alternatively set the router to the same SSID and Password as your previous router and all should be well.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jono
Aspiring Pro

Thanks,
some of what you say does make sense I'm not really that techy techy, I did have extender upstairs in our bedroom but when I upgraded router I no longer needed it so moved it downstairs, I thought it would improve WiFi to tv etc. I will leave it switched off for some time to see if you've hit the nail on the head so to speak. I will post back if it works later on so if someone has the same problem it will show as fixed.
Kind regards
Jono
jono
Aspiring Pro

Thanks,
some of what you say does make sense I'm not really that techy techy, I did have extender upstairs in our bedroom but when I upgraded router I no longer needed it so moved it downstairs, I thought it would improve WiFi to tv etc I will post back if it works later on so if someone has the same problem it will show as fixed.
Kind regards
Jono
jono
Aspiring Pro

Sorry about 2 of same post popping up, don't know what happened.
Don't want to speak too soon but all has been well since I switched off the WiFi Extender , no problems reconecting to Internet through my WiFi when we've had our phones off.
Thanks for all the help, all I had to do was to flick a switch.
Regards
Jono