Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WI FI ISSUE signal drops OVERNIGHT

SLIKKY

WI FI ISSUE signal drops OVERNIGHT

Hello ,

new to yhe community haveing wi fi issues,

had Hive installed in November and has worked fine till this week. I had to install their range extender as the connection between receiver, hub and thermostat keeps dropping out daily this week. usually overnight.

I have changed channels on wifi  although hub sits on 5.4 ghz wifi,

noticed issued around connectivity on wifi scan at 57.8 dBm and have set channels to 1 6 and 11 over last few days ,

to no avail even with range extender paired up again with hub, router and thermostat again last night heating went off.

I noticed firm ware on plus one router  is showing as

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2 | Last updated 01/09/17
could an update of the firmware help with keeping the wifi stable ?
Regards
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: WI FI ISSUE signal drops OVERNIGHT

It could be flaky firmware but have you tried separating the 2.4 and 5GHz bands and trying each in turn to find the best. See. https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/2-4ghz-and-or-5ghz-best-practice/m-p/1351966#M840

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: WI FI ISSUE signal drops OVERNIGHT

Hi @SLIKKY, sorry to hear you're experiencing connection issues with your Hive system.

It's certainly worth separating the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz frequencies as @Baldrick1 has advised, if nothing else this may point towards the problem being specific to one of the frequencies potentially.

I understand you've said this mostly happens during the night, however I don't suppose you'd be aware if this is affecting any other wireless devices at the same time, or if it's specific to the Hive?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet