Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voyager modem & Windows7

worzel
Grafter

Voyager modem & Windows7

Hi,
I'm considering upgrading my six year old WindowsXP machine to a (nearly) new Windows7 one, but have found out that the modem I was supplied with by Plusnet (well F9 at the time I think), will not work.
At least according to the official BT Voyager driver site: http://www.voyager.bt.com/usb_modems/voyager_105/downloads.htm
This, as you can see, although it doesn't mention Windows7 directly, does state that the Voyager 105 is incompatible with WindowsVista.
So the first question is, is this correct? Or is there a workaround of some sort, like there was to make the modem work with the final service pack for WindowsXP, especially as the voyager site clearly hasn't been updated for a while.
The second question then being will Plusnet supply a new modem/router free of charge to replace it?
If only to a customer who's been with them since 1997!!  Wink
On a similar note - just in case, PN don't value long term costumers - I seen to remember that there used to be a list of 'recommended' routers somewhere on the various PN site/s, but I can't find it now although I did find the set up guides for those PN do supply
Any help - not to mention a free router - would be most appreciated.
9 REPLIES 9
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: Voyager modem & Windows7

So the first question is, is this correct?

Yes, I'm afraid so, its a USB modem and AFAIK there are no drivers for Vista/Win7.
The second question then being will Plusnet supply a new modem/router free of charge to replace it?

Yes, well almost free, you will have to pay £4.99 P&P and the router is free providing you stay with PlusNet for another 12 months.
The PlusNet Digital Care staff who monitor these forums only work Mon-Fri otherwise I'm sure they would have responded. Either give the CSC a call or I'm sure one of the DC team will pick this up on Monday.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

worzel
Grafter

Thanks for the answers MisterW.
I can wait until Monday as I've still not decided what new machine I'm going to get, although it will probably be a (nearly) new HP or some sort.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi worzel,
Just give us a shout if you want us to organise a new router for you.
Jojo Smiley
worzel
Grafter

Quote from: Joanne
Hi worzel,
Just give us a shout if you want us to organise a new router for you.
Jojo Smiley

Yes, please do that?
Especially as you didn't mention anything about my paying for one, not even the postage.  Cheesy Grin
Do I need to raise a 'ticket' or can it be done from here?
worzel
Grafter

Hi,
Sorry, I seem to have missed something, somewhere, is a new router being sent, or do I have to do something, somewhere, first?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Worzel,
That's done now, and I've confirmed the details in a ticket.
Jojo Smiley
worzel
Grafter

Thanks.
worzel
Grafter

Just a final thanks.
New router arrived and is now working fine on my new Windows7 PC.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Brilliant news, glad to hear it Smiley
Please let us know if there's anything else we can do.