Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voyager adsl modem software - help required

shermans
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Voyager adsl modem software - help required

Thanks for the feedback.
If you look at the AVG forum thread about the problems with AVG 9, you will see that even the most loyal AVG customers are berating the latest update, and many are dumping AVG in favour of Avast !  That says a lot about the current problem.  I have uninstalled AVG as a result and installed Avast ! but naturally I wonder whether Avast ! is in the same league as AVG.  AVG has never let me down before and I know it captures things that Norton lets slip through.  So I did not see Avast ! as a long term solution because I felt that I should return to AVG when the current incompatibility problem is resolved.
However, I would like to hear from anyone who can make a fair comparison between the two services.  Are they s good as one another in doing the imprtant ob of stopping virus attacks ?  If so, I will stick with Avast !.
win7xp
Grafter

I all the AV reviews I have read Avast consistently out performs AVG.
Avira is usually the top rated free AV but personally I don't like the pop up screens after each update
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Mark
...  If your raising an ADSL fault in future, its better to use the appropriate path in the support section or go to faults.plus.net directly. ...

Thanks for the heads-up, Mark.  This is being dealt with.  (I didn't mean to suggest that my ticket was taking too long, BTW!)

Quote from: shermans
It is an expensive test, but I do not see I have any alternative because one of your colleagues has advised me that the Voyager 105 router, which originally came from Plusnet, is not compatible with Windows XP Service Pack 3 - that may explain why ChrisL is also having problems.

Thanks for the suggestion, Nick, but I've been using my Voyager 105 quite happily with SP3 for a long time.  My problems were, initially, with AVG9/Zone Alarm (I dumped AVG last Thursday), and then with a complete outage of adsl 20C at my local exchange followed by a period of unstable connection. My dsl connection speed is now back up to where it belongs, but of course I'm stuck with a ridiculous IP Profile. Just have to wait it out now....
Best wishes
Chris
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Chris, the profile is showing as being at 6000 from our side - has this updated on the BT side of things too? Please post back if not and I'll see if there's anything we can do.
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks Matt. I got the BT profile up to 6000 Kbps first, then had to phone CSC for your side to give it a kick  Wink  Everything working fine again now. * touches wood quickly*
Chris