Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voyager 210 ADSL Router problem

hamilton36
Grafter

Voyager 210 ADSL Router problem

Hi,
I have just finished rebuilding my computer after a crash and I could not connect to Internet with Voyager 210, although it worked OK for nearly a year.  I was using Ethernet connection and, in desperation, I installed USB drivers and connected the USB lead. That worked, but now the router works only if both Ethernet and USB leads are connected.
How can I revert to ethernet only connection?
Many thanks,
Alex
5 REPLIES 5
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Voyager 210 ADSL Router problem

Try unplugging both USB and ethernet cables from the PC, then uninstall the BT Voyager drivers, reboot the PC, then plug only the ethernet cable back in. You should see a popup in the bottom right hand corner telling you a local area connection is now connected - you can confirm this by clicking start -> run, typing 'cmd' (without quotes) into the box and then clicking OK then in the new box typing 'ipconfig' (again without quotes) and hitting enter. You should find that connection 'Local Area Connection' has been issued an IP address of 192.168.1.2 and has a default gateway of 192.168.1.1
Hope that helps, please let us know if not.
hamilton36
Grafter

Quote from: orbrey
Try unplugging both USB and ethernet cables from the PC, then uninstall the BT Voyager drivers, reboot the PC, then plug only the ethernet cable back in. You should see a popup in the bottom right hand corner telling you a local area connection is now connected - you can confirm this by clicking start -> run, typing 'cmd' (without quotes) into the box and then clicking OK then in the new box typing 'ipconfig' (again without quotes) and hitting enter. You should find that connection 'Local Area Connection' has been issued an IP address of 192.168.1.2 and has a default gateway of 192.168.1.1
Hope that helps, please let us know if not.

No, that did not work. I did not get the popup that the local connection is connected.  I then just connected USB lead and the system automatically "installed" the driver and I got connected to Internet.  By the way, I am running Win XP pro.  Does that make any difference?
Alex
James
Grafter

Alex,
Can you uninstall the drivers, reinstall using the cd, then plug in the usb lead when prompted and then give it another shot?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Did you have to re-install windows?
If so there is a chance the drivers for your network card were not installed automatically.
Check your devices in device manager, right click my computer > properties > hardware tab > device manager what is under network adapters?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
hamilton36
Grafter

Thank you all for advice.  It seems that the NVidia CD contained Ethernet driver and I connected to Internet before completing the re-build.  Once the driver was installed, I got the message at the bottom right of the screen "Safe to Remove hardware" and clicking on it showed it to mean USB lead.
All now back to normal. Thanks again,
Alex