Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volunteers for 21CN Premium Services

Fletch
Grafter

Volunteers for 21CN Premium Services

Folks;
Thanks for your comments on the trial.  I've noticed a couple of people who are concerned about support in the CSC.  I look into this next week and will create a Help Wizard section on 21CN to try and improve the process and our response.  I'll ask the team to also send out a survey next week to get views on the trial to date to make sure we haven't missed anything.  For info we have over 700 customers on the trial now. Right on to the interesting bit...
We are looking for some volunteers to try some of the premium 21CN services and give use feedback on the results.  These services are similiar to the MAX Premium option on IP Stream.  However, there are also some different services on offer such as assured bandwidth and quality of service offerings for VOIP users.  Finally, I'd also like some volunteers who we can apply different stability options on the line to gauge the impact on service etc.
If you are interested can you drop me a PM.
Thanks all,
Fletch
26 REPLIES 26
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Volunteers for 21CN Premium Services

I think we need a few more details before volunteering. Nobody wants an unstable service that they can't use half the time.
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

In my view, 21CN is pretty unstable alot of the time..... Roll_eyes
scootie
Grafter

stability options on the line to gauge the impact on service

sent request for this fletch
Mav
Fixes: 514

Have PM'd Fletch Smiley

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

glloyd
Rising Star

What I find damn annoying is replying to a request (sent email) then hearing nothing, not even an acknowledgement the email has been received..
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'll catch up with Fletch on Monday, I'm sure he's already planned to respond to you all soon.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
scootie
Grafter

i sent fletch a PM telling him i decided not to try the stabilty option as the latency is enough of problem for me at the mo and having the possabilty of the satbility options going haywire when the latency is just about starting to get better/fixed would drive me nuts Crazy
dannykos
Grafter

yeah - me too... I can adjust SNR margins like many of us here - but, I don't really want the wife to have any more reasons to moan about our connection than she already has!!  Wink
glloyd
Rising Star

Still nothing heard!
James
Grafter

Guys - Please be aware that Fletch is away on holiday at the moment and will collate the PM's that have been sent when he gets back next week.
I strongly suspect I will be the new recipient of said PMs Smiley
Dev
Rising Star

I am interested in anything that would improve VOIP as I use Skype a lot.
scootie
Grafter

have read of the QoS and Digital Line Management on WBC section here http://www.samknows.com/broadband/21cn_broadband.php
iam on the basic best effort at the mo. well suppose to be. jimbo says iam but unlike the old max preminum where you got the extra upsync with it this one the end user just cant tell if BTw have enabled it or not
James
Grafter

Call me Jimbo again and I'll get the mods to ban you Smiley
Guys - We're talking about enhanced service management (read as enhanced care) and elevated traffic (read as max premium without the upload improvement).
Fletch is back on Monday at which point I suspect I'll have a list in my inbox of orders he wants me to place Wink
scootie
Grafter

if your going to be giving the real time QOS a trial then i will give that blast on just my XBL traffic.
i doubt you are tho as it seems that it needs some config's for it to know which packets to give the prioity to but iam sure with PN's dpi network you will soon master this option
its a shame that none of QOS options on offer by BTw are not on the upload.
any one know what the reasoning behind BTw to not offer it on upload?
by the way MR JAMES B Wink is it standard or elveted best effort iam on at the moment?
also do you rekon this is the reason behind the fixed sync's iam seeing mine seem to be 3072 bottom end and 4544 top end all tho i dont see any in between syncs
Digital Line Management (DLM), which first made it's appearance with the launch of ADSL Max last year, will remain in place for all WBC products (except fixed rate products). In addition to the standard "fixed rate" and "fully rate adaptive" configurations, a new DLM configuration now seems to be available called "Banded". A line in a Banded configuration may only operate within the bounds of an upper and lower limit - this could be useful for people finding their lines re-syncing at 150kbps!