Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice calls are almost impossible via internet with Webex or Zoom

bpascua
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Voice calls are almost impossible via internet with Webex or Zoom

Hello,

I seem to have constant problems with my broadband when I have either zoom or Blue Jeans or webex sessions. Can someone check my line and broadband (i have a hub one). For example today the 3/5 I had a call at 11am and 3-30pm - both were broken with the audio constantly breaking up. I use a 5GHz and regular network and flip between the two when i great breaks ups but it makes no difference. Can anyone from Plusnet take a look please?

thanks

Brian

3 REPLIES 3
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Voice calls are almost impossible via internet with Webex or Zoom

Hi @bpascua,

The line is stable, so this looks good but on a full line check there looks to be a noise margin issue on the ADSL connection where it's set to 3DB - this could be causing some of the issues you're experiencing. We can reset this easily, but it will drop the connection for a minute or two I don't want to do this and cause a drop while you're in the middle of something important so can you confirm a time when you'd be happy for us to do this and I can get it scheduled (please ensure it's between 7:30-10pm).

bpascua
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Hello - thanks please reset the line at your earliest, I am quite used to the service dropping so no stress.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@bpascua,

I've put that reset through. It dropped the connection and it's come back up with the new 6dB profile. You might notice some fluctuations, possibly a router sync drop once or twice over the next 4 hours, but after this you'll be in a good position to know if it resolved your issue.