Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vodafone Suresignal

alex7127
Grafter

Re: Vodafone Suresignal

Thanks for that Gerry Smiley
I find VF an absolute nightmare to talk to on the phone......a big company that suffers with the 'right hand and left hand scenario'.
I always use the VF e-forum to get in touch with them: http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/
Alex Crazy
alex7127
Grafter

Anyone from PN have any views?
KR's
Alex Crazy
alex7127
Grafter

Anyone? Grin
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

May I point out this forum rule http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,218.0.html#post_bump.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
alex7127
Grafter

Sorry................ Shocked
For those that are following the thread:
I plugged the SS in last night, to my TG582n at about 9pm.
The power light came on and then the 'system' and 'phone' lights started to flash together.
About an hour ago (21 hours later) the phone light has now gone out and now just the system light is flashing.......also the 'ethernet' and 'internet' lights on my router are alternatly flashing.
I presume that somthing is 'talking' to the SS?......the SS leaflet indicates that this is the last stage of it's configuration?
Anyone had the same?  I am just gonna leave it plugged in and see what happens.
KR's
Alex Crazy
alex7127
Grafter

UPDATE
Those two lights kept flashing together for another couple of hours........and now......just the system light is lit and I have 3G service in the house! Cheesy Grin
Changed no settings at all in the router....just left it alone and within 24 hours it sorted itself out!
SS up n running
SMASHING!
Alex
MJN
Pro
Fixes: 5

I was going to say; there's absolutely no reason a piece of kit like this should need any dedicated port forwarding configuration unless it's been designed badly.
It ought to establish its own NAT entries by initiating outbound connections to Vodafone and sending periodic keepalives to keep them in the table. Expecting the common man to delve into their router's configuration is just not going to cut it for what is surely intended to be a plug-it-in-and-away-you-go appliance.
Mathew
philothefish

At last! My SS works too - just left it for 3 days as Gerry suggested and now bingo! Working fine. My frustration has been that VF didn't just tell me this, they insisted that port forwarding had to occur, and Plusnet agreed too! (I took it all off my router in the end) I wasted hours and hours trying to fix something that wasn't broken, it seems amazing to me that neither vodafone or plusnet couldn't give me better advice. Thanks for the help from forum members.
James
Grafter

I think our stance should have been to give no advice at all (sorry that this doesn't sound great!).
Essentially it's not a product that we either sell or recommend so we wouldn't be able to supply technical support for it.