Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VirginMedia a JOKE!

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: VirginMedia a JOKE!

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=75369.0;attach=9184;image
Mind this could be a teleco/ISP offering FTTP  (fiber to the pavement) rather than to the premises 
Do you mean VM? Grin Grin Grin
scootie
Grafter

if it is VM then the police only need to use VM's customer list to hunt the vandal down  Grin
Mind if they did a line up of all the customers not happy with there service it would take a football pitch sized room to do the identity parade in
ctech500
Grafter

Nice one guys Grin
Like the add states "is this the mother of all Broadband?" Cheesy Grin
grudkin
Grafter

@ASBO DOG
Line stats comparison from Thomson 585v7 (supplied by PlusNet) and NETGEAR DG834GT.
Each taken over a 24 hour period.
I think I'll stick with the Netgear for now keeping the 585v7 as a backup! Wink
scootie
Grafter

if you havent grabed a new ip address or your using a static one i would surrgest gettin the rubber out on the routerstats capture Wink
what chip is in the NETGEAR DG834GT?
grudkin
Grafter

Don't worry! I Rebooted the NETGEAR after I grabbed that screen shot!!! I hope your not on a static IP mate re; Reply #35 Roll_eyes Tongue
The NETGEAR DG834GT uses the Broadcom BCM6348, the same as your DG834Gv4 I believe, http://www.speedguide.net/broadband-view.php?hw=207 Cheesy
As far as I am aware the 585v7 apparently uses the newer but slightly lower spec Broadcom BCM6338.
edit; added link Wink
scootie
Grafter

doh. nah i grabbed a new ip since then.
the rubber must of ran out after i scrubbed the first ip of that post Grin
grudkin
Grafter

LOL, I just had an email from Virgin Media asking me to give feedback! Cheesy
this was my feedback to them,
To be quite blunt the traffic management on your ADSL products is diabolical, I am NOT a heavy user, I very rarely got speeds above 3000kbps with a sync rate of 8128k and line profile of 7150 and the latency was nothing short of shocking made worse by the fact that Virgin Media are unwilling to have interleaving turned off when requested by the customer.
Since my migration to PlusNet Value, I have very, very rarely experienced speeds lower than 6000kbps and my latency has been fantastic!

I  wonder if Sir Branson well get to read that! Grin Grin Grin
scootie
Grafter

They will just chuck that feedback in the pile of BTw problem. even tho PN can give gd speeds and latency over the same suppiler.
VM use the same rediculous managment on there cable product but even i was shocked when i read the traffic mangment  on there BTw product
In my opion they have that over managment on the adsl product in my opion to reduce there costs to BTw. not to protect all customers speeds
grudkin
Grafter

Smiley Best MAX result on my line ever! Smiley

Beat that VM!!!!  Grin Grin Grin