Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View My Broadband Usage - not working once again

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: View My Broadband Usage - not working once again

@plustrev firstly, I'm sorry that you're impacted by this issue I understand how frustrating it must be to not be able to monitor your usage.

@plustrev wrote:

Still not working and no response from Plusnet.

I think this is a little unfair, we absolutely are responding to this thread. It may not always be good news but we are responding.

@plustrev wrote:

Can we have some info about the problem from  Plusnet staff and hopefully a solution. 

The problem has been resolved for the vast number of users, there are a very small number of customers still affected

and we still have no ETA on when this will be fixed.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
plustrev
Grafter

Thanks Jono H.

I posted my problem last Wednesday, you are the first Plusnet to respond following my second post.

That is why I said no response from Plusnet. So unfair?

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We can't always reply with updates to forum posts as speedily as some may like I'm afraid. We do provide updates when available though.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
obbig

As a footnote to my post last Thursday, I've just checked my usage history page again and it seems to be back working!

This is in spite of my being told that it had been discontinued!  I'm not complaining, the longer it stays working the better as this facility is essential to customers on the limited 10GB allowance.

RalphAverbuch
Dabbler

I discovered this a few days ago and flagged it in a separate forum post as well as discussing with customer support.... Just rechecked and it's still AWOL for me.

It might not be essential if you're on an unlimited package but it is extremely useful when you have a house full of kids on their devices and you're trying to track what's what with usage, etc.

Ralph

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Apologies for any inconvenience this is causing, however I'm afraid there's no estimated date for this to be resolved.

Having said this, by any chance have you tried disconnecting/reconnecting your router, as this does sometimes resolve the issue temporarily.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
entripy

Phew, I disconnected my router from the line for 15 minutes and 6 hours later my usage page worked, first time in 23 days.

Steve.

Lynnpin
Grafter

I am on 10Gb limited broadband.  In April I used 10.14Gb and was charged £5.  I couldn't view my usage at that time.  In May I couldn't view my usage.  Suddenly in June I could see my usage all month.  This month my usage disappeared again.

How can it work and then not work?  It sounds like you've got 6 slots of usage available and when somebody complains when they get "sorry, there's nothing to show at the moment" you give one of the slots to them until you get six more then they get kicked out again!!!

What is going on here?  This is what Plusnet Chat said in April:

We have removed the functionality as it was causing issues with some customers who were on our fibre package

So how do we lesser mortals check our usage?

unfortunately the only way for you to do it until we can get a work around in place is to come on here and check it

Fault or deliberate?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear you're having problems

Can you try rebooting your router for me to see if that kicks it into action?

Cheers,

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Lynnpin
Grafter

Have rebooted but it still isn't working I'm afraid.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I'll give it a bit of a kick from this side. Mind checking in about 4 hours?

Cheers

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Lynnpin
Grafter

Yey!  It's working.  However, my month is up in two days time so I bet it will disappear again!  It still doesn't explain how it can go off and on.  Surely it either works or it doesn't. It is really essential for metered users to have this as all future Windows 10 major upgrades is likely to cost us a £5 penalty.

@StayinAlive wrote:

The agent could tell me exactly how much data I had used every day this month so why can't that information be made available for us.