Rising Star

Re: View My Broadband Usage - not working once again

now working again for me

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Excellent, thanks for letting us know.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Working for me, even though I'm on Unlimited! Just checked out of interest and recorded from 30th May to today.

My other car isn't a Ferrari
VictorDelta
Dabbler

Still not working for me...Angry

disfroot
Rising Star

@Chris - sorry to report that, as of new month rollover, now not working once more - back to showing 'Sorry, there's nothing to show at the moment'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@VictorDelta - As you're on Unlimited Broadband, I highly doubt the usage meter will work at all I'm afraid.

@disfroot - It looks like your connection hasn't dropped once in 5 days.

Can you reboot your router and let me know if that helps?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
disfroot
Rising Star

@disfroot - It looks like your connection hasn't dropped once in 5 days.

You sound as if you would expect it to drop every 5 days !!

Can you reboot your router and let me know if that helps?

Disconnected for 10 mins - no fix.

It wasn't a fix last time either.

Even if it were a fix, expecting me to turn my router off just to get the product to work as advertised is a nasty hack.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your time on the phone @disfroot

I've raised a ticket on your account with the options we've discussed.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
disfroot
Rising Star

...and working again.

plustrev
Grafter

Sorry to say my usage has stopped showing again on the changeover to a new month. I am on a limited account.

The last time the suggestion to reboot the router after a 10 minute period worked, but not this time.

entripy

Mine has stopped working again since the new month changeover too.

Tomplus73
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Just to add to the long (very!) running saga of the" BB usage  not working etc."....,I'm on unlimited and have been since late last Summer. Its more or less  not worked since then and when it has worked,it comes with the warning that its not gonna be accurate as it doesn't include streaming etc.

Well in last few days it appears to be up and running again and yesterday,I was watching the coverage of the terrible London fire and was interested to see this am,that  I used I Gb yesterday, Which I presume is more or less right !?

I can see this must really pee off people who are still on " an allowance" and never know if they  might exceed their allotment  ! This has been going on for yonks now, I mean come on, its not rocket science is it !?

obbig

I've not been able to access my usage history since early June.  As I've had this problem before and I was told then that it was a system issue I contacted the online help.  I was surprised to be informed that the usage history facility had been discontinued.  This is simply not acceptable.  For customers like me who are on a limited 10GB allowance, we need to be able to check how much of the allowance we have used.  I recently updated the version of windows on my tablet and then found that I had used up around 5GB of my allowance in one day!

I can do without the detailed breakdown, just the current total would be enough but it is important that customers have at least that much information.  Up to now I have been happy with Plusnet but this could persuade me to move elsewhere.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

I've just bought a new computer and the initial updates for Windows 10 were 4GB.  There was even a warning at the start that internet charges may apply.  My first thought was that I'm glad I'm not on the 10GB/month allowance I used to have, since it wouldn't have left much for the rest of the month.

plustrev
Grafter

Still not working and no response from Plusnet.

I echo obbig who said this is essential when on a limited 10 gig package. I keep monitoring to see that my usage is normal.

Can we have some info about the problem from  Plusnet staff and hopefully a solution.

Thanks