Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View My Broadband Usage - not working once again

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: View My Broadband Usage - not working once again

@disfroot

The ticketing system was neutered several years ago. So it is phone or online chat or Facebook or twitter or here.(assuming staff see your post, no guarantee is given on this community website)

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
disfroot
Rising Star

online chat is currently unavailable

so much for that...

VictorDelta
Dabbler

@SpendLessTime wrote:

@disfroot

The ticketing system was neutered several years ago. So it is phone or online chat or Facebook or twitter or here.(assuming staff see your post, no guarantee is given on this community website)

I do hope Plusnet have not gone for the same approach on IT as BA....?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@disfroot - Sorry to hear you're still unable to view your usage. I've raised a ticket to our networks team to investigate this for you. Hopefully there's some good news over the next couple of days.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
disfroot
Rising Star

@Gandalf - thanks for that - only getting a warning at 8GB makes it impractical to schedule any download > 2GB except after midnight - which is a reduction in service level.

entripy

Also unable to view my usage since last bill, about 3 weeks ago. 10G limited Value package so I need to know my usage, received the approaching limit email on 24/5/17.

A package I can't manage is actually of very little value to me despite its name.

Verney

Same for me - I'm on a 10GB package and haven't been able to see the usage since 12 May. I work from home, so am worried about going over the limit - if I can't see what I'm using I can't keep an eye on it, and don't want to incur extra charges when I can't monitor usage on a regular basis. 

I know I'll get an email around 8GB advising me I'm close to the limit, but that's not going to help when I can't see what I'm using and how close I am to the cut-off point until it's too late, and the email comes through saying I've been charged £5 extra.

I've contacted the help desk a couple of times but nobody seems to know when this is likely to be fixed. Is anyone able to give any progress updates, or confirm whether I am going to incur extra charges if I exceed the limit?

Alex_Hamilton
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

It seems that I am one of the rare and fortunate, because on rebooting my router I was able to monitor my usage and it has remained so for several weeks.  I am on 10GB per month and without regular check on usage I would not be able to manage. The main problem is Windows 10 automatically updating itself and it offers no facility to turn the updates off.

I do not wish to be negative, but there really is no excuse for not finding a fix for this in a few days!!!

Best,

Alex

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @entripy and @Verney.

@entripy - I've added you account details to the ID.

@Verney - Could you try disconnecting your router for 5-10mins and then reconnecting as your connection doesn't seem to have dropped recently and this may resolve the issue.

If you continue to experience the problem a few hours after this, please let me know and I'll get your account details added to the problem ID as well.

@Both - Have either of you considered possibly upgrading to one of our Unlimited usage packages?

We no longer offer either of the legacy limited usage packages you're both on and I'm fairly confident we could move you on to Unlimited packages on a new contract at the same (Or possibly cheaper) rate you're paying for the outdated limited usage packages.

If you'd be interested in this, feel free to let me know and I may be able to get someone from our Customer Options Team to give you a call to discuss this further. Alternatively, you can reach them on 0800 013 2632 (Selecting the option for thinking of leaving)

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Verney

Thanks, Harry. I disconnected the router for about 15-20 minutes yesterday afternoon and I can confirm that I still can't see my usage. 

I still have 12 days to go in this billing period. Am I going to be charged if I exceed the limit?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me and trying a disconnect to see if that fixed the issue. Sorry to hear you're still unable to view the usage.

I've now added your account details to the Problem ID (95330).

@Verney wrote:

I still have 12 days to go in this billing period. Am I going to be charged if I exceed the limit?

In theory, yes. However having said this, leave this with me for now.

Thanks for your time on the phone, as discussed, that should no longer be a problem Thumbs_Up

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
entripy

Thanks @HarryB, my Usage page has just come back to life.

Yes I have looked into upgrading to unlimited but the offers have not been attractive as I don't normally need more than 10GB per month

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problems, let us know if there anything we can help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Verney

Thank you very much, Harry, for your prompt and efficient help in sorting this  Smiley

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem Verney, let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet