cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View My Broadband Usage - not working once again

StayinAlive
Dabbler

Re: View My Broadband Usage - not working once again

Yes, and I am one of those on limited supply (10 GB per month). I regularly approach that limit and plan my usage accordingly. I have been told that I will still get my "approaching limit" email but in my experience this gives very little advance warning. If they can tell when I am approaching the limit, they must be able to follow my usage so why can't they publish it?

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

When I did live chat with a customer service person, they were able to see my usage so it's still available.

StayinAlive
Dabbler

So perhaps we should live chat them every day to encourage a rethink. Smiley

Panglossian
Hooked

Here's the latest on the failure of Customers to view their Broadband Usage online. According to the Customer Services advisor I chatted to: 

"....we have been advised that our IT team have tried to fix it but they are unable to find a

fix, so usage online will be getting removed completely."

'Removed completely!' Has anyone been notified of this decision officially?

Also, on asking if there was an alternative being considered to view current Broadband Usage, I learned:

"They have advised that if people do exceed the usage and get charged, that we will be refunding it."

Come on Plusnet. Some information, please.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi @Panglossian

Welcome to the community forums.

I am sorry to hear about this and the confusion here. The usage checker has not been removed just disabled for the interim and as most customers are moving on to unlimited services this may be disabled in the future.

VictorDelta
Dabbler

Thanks Ben for your clarification on this - even though I don't really understand "just disabled for the interim" given what has been said before on here by Plusnet people implying there was a fault causing the problem.

If it's just been disabled presumably it could be easily enabled again...?

Also, you seem to assume that because many of your customers are on unlimited services, none of them want or need to know what their actual usage is. I beg to differ and suggest you actually ask your customers...

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@JonoH,

Also see here - https://community.plus.net/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/Broadband/thread-id/314419/page/2

Is there a policy statement available on this please? Irrespective of the fact that many users are on / are moving to unlimited services, there remain many on measured legacy services.

Whilst their ability to monitor bandwidth usage is suspended,will / is PlusNET's ability to automatically charge for additional bandwidth also suspended? If not is it going to be a matter of individuals raising their dissatisfaction on a case by case basis to have the charge refunded? If this is the case, does anyone have a cost to Plusnet of reversing each individual charge when requested?

I suspect it would be at least the same as the additional usage charge!!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Alex_Hamilton
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Same here & I have just posted a message to that effect. I am capped at 10GB per month, so a delay in fixing this is not good for me.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@Alex_Hamilton From looking at your account your usage is tracking now?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@Townman wrote:
@JonoH,

Is there a policy statement available on this please? Irrespective of the fact that many users are on / are moving to unlimited services, there remain many on measured legacy services.

Whilst their ability to monitor bandwidth usage is suspended,will / is PlusNET's ability to automatically charge for additional bandwidth also suspended? If not is it going to be a matter of individuals raising their dissatisfaction on a case by case basis to have the charge refunded? If this is the case, does anyone have a cost to Plusnet of reversing each individual charge when requested?

I suspect it would be at least the same as the additional usage charge!!

Hi Townman thanks for bringing this to my attention hopefully I can clear this up once and for all.

The View My Broadband Usage should be working for all of our customers on a metered product. This means that all of our customers that are at risk of being charged have the ability to manage their own usage but just incase they miss it we also email them once they are approaching their limit.

If any customer is having problems with the View My Usage Page that is on a limited product, drop me a message and I'll get it picked up as soon as possible.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Panglossian
Hooked

Hi JonoH

Yes. In reply to your encouraging Customers to let you know if they are having problems, I've been having no luck accessing the said 'View My Broadband Usage' Page for the last 4 months, despite having re-booted on several occasions at the suggestion of Customer Services but to no avail.

I'd be very grateful if you could re-instate this service at your earliest convenience, as previously suggested.

Let's hope the Email notifications of 'Approaching Your Broadband Limit' you mention continue to arrive in the meantime.

I, like many other of your Customers, are indeed on a 'Limited Product' as you call it and to hear that without warning or communication my ability to monitor my usage has been 'temporarily suspended', I find dismissive.

I look forward to hearing from you.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi @Panglossian

Thanks for getting back to me, I'd appreciate it if you could PM me your account details so I can look into this for you, I can assure you it wasn't meant to be dismissive. This happened because of a technical failure on our part and I'd been informed by those responsible for the fix that customers on a metered product were not impacted.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @Panglossian,

Your connection seems to have been online for quite some time. Can you disconnect and reconnect your router as this may resolve the issue you're experiencing.

Yours does look like it may be the same as this thread here.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Panglossian
Hooked

Hello HarryB

Sure. Though I've always been led to believe that continually turning the Router off/on affects the Broadband Speed.

That said, I will do as you suggest and let you know accordingly.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@Panglossian wrote:
Though I've always been led to believe that continually turning the Router off/on affects the Broadband Speed.

Although it is correct that excessively switching the router off and back on can cause DLM to restrict speeds in favour of trying to stabilise the connection to try and prevent further drops, yours has been online for well over a month, a drop every now and then should not cause a problem with DLM Wink

EDIT: Corrected to should not cause a problem.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet