cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View My Broadband Usage - not working once again

VictorDelta
Dabbler

View My Broadband Usage - not working once again

I've been getting the "Sorry, there's nothing to show at the moment" message on my usage page for several weeks now. Phoned tech support last week and was told this was a known issue 'owing to a recent server fix' and I should unplug my router for at least 30mins, and all would be well.

Unplugged the router for over an hour and, several days later, the message is still there. Someone suggested pressing the router disconnect and, then, connect buttons but this hasn't changed things either.

Is anyone else having the same problem and/or can anyone offer any solution please.

Thanks

Tags (2)
86 REPLIES 86
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: View My Broadband Usage - not working once again

It's a issue we're aware of and working on.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
VictorDelta
Dabbler

Matthew - Many thanks for that. How will I know when the problem is fixed, or do I just have to keep accessing the usage page from time to time? Do you know if we are talking days, weeks or months please?

DavidAustin

Thank you Matthew Wheeler,

I had the same problem as this thread and your chat help totally denied there was an issue - I fully understand that there are occasionally problems with the service that are being worked on and your response to the thread originator is great - that's all I needed from the chat help, shame they couldnt have been so honest.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Unfortunately we don't have a confirmed date for the fix at the moment.

Apologies if this causes a bit of hassle to anyone.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@VictorDelta  I've had this problem since July 2016 so we are talking months (at least).

VictorDelta
Dabbler

Mine has worked more recently than that although I can't be certain when I lasted looked at the Usage page - probably some time in the autumn.

VictorDelta
Dabbler

Any progress update on this problem please?

VictorDelta
Dabbler

Any progress update on this problem please?

bin
Aspiring Pro

I seem to recall from other threads on this topic that PN view is that if you have unlimited BB then it doesn't matter if you cannot see your usage.

Personally I would argue that not allowing access to this information deprives you of the ability to make an informed decision about the most cost effective broadband package for your usage. Also it can help you become aware of non-authorised access to your service - if your key has been aquired from a device in some way for example.

I believe you can get figures by going through CS.

VictorDelta
Dabbler

Thanks. I agree it is not a critical problem but the facility is provided to show usage data. It has worked in the past (with occasional hiccups) but is not working at present (and has been off for some time now). Judging from the comments above, PN are working on a fix for it so I would just like to know roughly when it will be working again. Wonder why it's taking so long?

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@VictorDelta

Plusnet will never give a timescale to fix anything. It's all commercial secrets these days when you ask.

SInce this current episode was official recognised in November and we are in March then who knows when or if it will be fixed.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Tomplus73
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Well I see its finally up and work    er   spluttering again for the first time in about 6 months here I'd guess.

The blurb on top of the page says it doesn't cover Netfilx which I dont use and Youtube which I do,still every little helps...........................Wink

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@bin  The point in your post No. 10 above is the one I made elsewhere on this forum some time ago.

@SpendLessTime  It may only have been officially recognised in November but I've had no actual usage stats since July (see above).

@Tomplus73  It isn't up and working here, and if it doesn't include videos, it's hardly worth having.

As I've said before, if PN can't provide this service, say so and stop providing it to all customers on an unlimited product, at least then it's fair.

Tomplus73
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Nope,I see where your coming from,yonks ago,reading on here,other ops who said theirs had  just started working,or they did various things to get it going......... 

As you say,if video isnt included,hardly worth having.I was still on limited BBand up til about August.Then in my 1st 3 months my usage was something like 60/ 40/ (the novelty was wearing off !) 20 odd.GBs .......then it stopped . I assume what the powers that be,have done,is get it going for the people who are still having a limited supply per month ?