Did you mean: 

Vidzone buffering

dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Re: PlayStation Video Store

Hi,
Can you tell me how to get to the videos you're having a problem with please? I've been looking at the films you can download in the Playstation store but I don't see any previews or streams so suspect I'm looking in the wrong place so easier to ask than to look around. Ta
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
Euge
Grafter

Didn't read Dave's post properly  Cheesy whoops.
bobboulby
Grafter

Quote from: dave
Can you tell me how to get to the videos you're having a problem with please?

Go to the PlayStation Store and you will see that there are now 2 options near the top - "Game" and "Video" (see screenshot). Video gets you in to the Video store. Not all the films have previews so try Star Trek or Public Enemies.
Quote from: Mand
Have a whip-round and buy me a PS3 and I'll do all the wiresharking you like. Wink

To be able to offer support, surely PlusNet should have access to all the major consoles in the office  Wink
By the way, since I last posted the video streaming seemed to be ok. This was until last (Monday) night when they were buffering again.
Edit - working again this morning though.
Bob
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I now have a vision of the entire networks team playing on PS3s and when asked by the boss what they are up to they will say  "we're doing wireshark captures boss" Roll_eyes
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Euge
Grafter

Not all the films have a preview for them, one that I know does for sure is the batman dark knight film.
Although it's not really streaming because it downloads the video like youtube and will download to the end, whereas I assume streaming means it's constantly receiving data until the moment you finish watching it.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Quote from: bobboulby

Go to the PlayStation Store and you will see that there are now 2 options near the top - "Game" and "Video" (see screenshot). Video gets you in to the Video store. Not all the films have previews so try Star Trek or Public Enemies.

Ta, I'll go and check it. Had looked at Fast and Furious and a couple others but none had previews that I checked.
Quote from: bobboulby
To be able to offer support, surely PlusNet should have access to all the major consoles in the office  Wink

We do, got an Xbox 360, a PS3 and a Wii here in the office and of course Windows, Mac and Linux for non-console games and apps. I think Mand wants you all to buy her one Smiley
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
scootie
Grafter

you can all buy me a ps3 if you want but please make sure it comes with a microwave  Wink
if you have them in the office why was i asked to look at the streaming vids the other day by bob saying they didnt have the setup to check them with wireshark.
some one wanted to get off to the pub early me thinks  Grin
Euge
Grafter

Quote from: ASBO
you can all buy me a ps3 if you want but please make sure it comes with a microwave  Wink

Good point, with the endless amount of entertainment the ps3 provides there wont be enough time to cook dinner!  Shocked
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Grin Cool
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
scootie
Grafter

i sent him a PM for that one
kingkobra
Grafter

I would also like to add that Vidzone is pretty bad in the evenings too. Tried watching a few last night, but got bored after it was buffering for a good five mins.
bobboulby
Grafter

Quote from: dave
Ta, I'll go and check it.

Dave, did you get chance to have a look at this?
Bob
bobboulby
Grafter

Some experience of renting a film from the Video Store ...
The kids had a day off school today so to drag them away from gaming, I suggested they chose a film to watch. They picked an 88 minute standard definition film and started downloading it at about 14:30 in the afternoon. When they tried to watch the film it started buffering straight away. We let it download for 30 minutes and resumed watching but afer another 10 minutes it started buffering again.
On the positive side the quality looks excellent.
Bob
Edit so far it's downloaded 700 Mb in around 60 minutes - that's about 0.2 mbps. Looking at the product shaping for "Unlimited", it looks like the traffic is being classed as "Download Servers".
bobboulby
Grafter

Is there any update on this? I know PlusNet have higher priorities at the moment but I was wondering if anyone had had chance to have a look at it?
Bob
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Hi Bob,
The Video Store traffic is delivered via one of the popular Content Distribution Networks and is/was getting classified as 'Gold Plated'
There's a possibility that the the work this morning may have fixed this on certain account types, namely Premium, Premier, Unlimited and BBYW Option 3/4. We're testing out a new signature on these accounts to split out streaming content from Akamai and Limelight Networks.
Give things a go this evening and let us know how you get on...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵