Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very unhappy with the service I have been provided lately

Leds
Dabbler

Re: Very unhappy with the service I have been provided lately

Quote from: jelv
Quote from: Leds
I have had complaints of background noise on the phone line.

You haven't answered the question I posed regarding noise on the line when the filter and router are not connected.

I haven't heard the noise myself but have had complaints from family members. when the line was checked without filters and so forth there was no significant noise. But like I said it's intermittent and i've never heard it myself.
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: chenks76
well plusnet disagree with you there, as their tests suggest it is internal.
I am glad you used the phrase "suggest it is internal" for that was the case with my connection a good while ago. The data base coudl take no account of diverted wiring on the BT side carried out for me!
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

If the internal wiring and equipment checks out OK then it is almost certainly a high resistance fault. The accuracy of the "internal to the premises" test result is far from 100% - anything within a few hundred metres of the property comes back as "possible internal or external fault" as the testing equipment is incapable of determining the exact location of the problem.
I'd be pointing OR at the cabinet or the DP it it were me. Did any of the engineers check outside the property at all?
Leds
Dabbler

Quote from: Jaggies
I'd be pointing OR at the cabinet or the DP it it were me. Did any of the engineers check outside the property at all?

This does make more sense because I have changed all internal equipment and tested a few times now with the same results.
The engineer just plugged his machine into the master socket, ran a few test then fitted a new faceplate and that was it unfortunately.