cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow internet and regularly drops out

nickrose137

Very slow internet and regularly drops out

First, I *know* I'm one of the lucky ones during this crisis when all I have to worry about is slow and unreliable internet.  But it's been almost impossible to work from home since lockdown.  Less than 0.1 Mbps and sometimes long outages. I have several tickets open, and been told something different each time I've rung the helpline.  Believed to be an outside line problem.  No-one has called me back with an update.

One helpline assistant insisted it was a router problem, so in desperation I paid £50 to PlusNet for a replacement router. The replacement router did not fix the problem, so I want to return it and get a refund.  What's the return address please?

I expect at the moment there's a long wait for Openreach engineer appointments, but I would appreciate an update.  I don't know how much longer my employer will be patient with me.

2 REPLIES 2
WillF
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Re: Very slow internet and regularly drops out

Hi @nickrose137, I've updated the fault ticket on your account. Please get back to us there if you need to add anything further. Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will
 Plusnet Help Team
nickrose137

Re: Very slow internet and regularly drops out

Hi Will, thank you for the update. Unfortunately it’s not over yet. Very slow again yesterday (think 1 minute to open a small Word document from my employer’s network).