cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow for WEEKS!

dsp79

Very slow for WEEKS!

I've been quite happy with my broadband for most of this year but over recent weeks it has slowed down to a crawl.  Streaming video/music is impossible and even browsing is just painfully slow.
I've reset the router several times (I don't have a spare to test) and done teh BT Speedtest which I think shows just how slow things are. I've just read another posts which suggests it might be to do with with the amount of people trying to download iOS5 (I was one of them - 15 hours!) but this has been going on since way before then.
Any chance someone could look into this?
5 REPLIES 5
paulmh5
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Very slow for WEEKS!

Looks like your IP profile on the BT side is stuck (135k is the lowest one).  It does happen sometimes.  The digital care team patrol the forums and try to deal with things as best they can but heading into the weekend it may be best to raise a fault/ticket to get it in the system.
Plusnet Staff - Lead Network Design/Delivery Engineer
dsp79

Hi Paul
Thanks for that, seems the 'Broadband Troubleshooter' is unavailable for me so I can't raise a ticket at the moment. Guess I'm stuck with Slow.net it till it comes back!
dsp79

Ah ignore that, I had an open question, apparently. I'm raising an issue now!
Cheers
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi dsp79,
Can you tell me what speeds you're seeing, as both our profile and BT profile is showing as 3000.
Jojo Smiley
dsp79

Hi Jo
It went back to 'normal' speed yesterday evening, so I don't know if BT did anything but it's been much better ever since.
Many thanks