cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow connection

dabhand16

Very slow connection

Since all this virus stuff kicked off and people are working from home, my connection has gone from 25mbs and has bombed to 1mbs, its been like this now for about three days, which is really getting on my nerves. I can't watch any videos or movies cos of buffering every few seconds. Doing any work on such a [-Censored-] connection is a joke. And playing any games on the pc or Xbox is a complete No NO. 

Are there any other customers in the same boat and if so have you any ideas on how to resolve it. cos speaking to customer services is like speaking to a 5 year old. 

regards Nathan

4 REPLIES 4
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Re: Very slow connection

I have switched my Plusnet ADSL2+ line off, and I'm using 4G. I had been using Three load balanced with ADSL, but Three have got progressively slower since Christmas, so I'm now using EE unlimited SIM only - today I'm getting 90Mbps down 25 Mbps up 🙂

The latency is a little variable, so may not be ideal for heavy gaming, but as I work from home it seems to be the best connection I've ever had.

bigjohnuk
Dabbler

Worth remembering guys that ADSL Home Broadband is 50 to 1 connection. This means that you may have up to 50 customers using the same link as you! When in the work place you have one to one connection. 

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @dabhand16,

Apologies for the delayed response and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your speeds. If you're not already doing so then I would recommend connecting via an Ethernet cable where possible, to ensure you're getting the most out of your connection as possible. If you haven't already done so then it may be worth running through our online troubleshooting guide, here. I'd also strongly recommend setting your router up within the test socket in the property, another guide on which can be found here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
dabhand16

I'm getting really [-Censored-]ed off with this service, I'm not even getting 1mbs I tested my line this morning and have been testing every morning for the past week and all I'm getting is 0.50mbs which isn't enough bandwidth to send a txt file. Come on Plusnet get your act together [-Censored-]. I work online doing gamer videos which I rely on for paying my bills. Ive not been able to put up a video in weeks and I download an 80gb game and it took 3 days what the hell are you playing at.

I run my Pcs off ethernet cables I don't have anything that can interrupt the signal within 10 feet from the router.  I've done every test you told me to do and still nothing. 

regards Mark